1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Abdul Al-Amry, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Back in the days of the black mighty xbox, me and my friends used to run a weekly time trial on PGR2. The first track was picked and whoever was the fastest at the end of the week picked a car to run for the following week. And whoever finished last picked a track for the following week. We were doing this for years.

Do we have enough interest for such an event? Its all offline. And its all about trust. Default setup except:

Steering lock
    Brake Bias

If you guys are interested I'll setup a table with laptimes. A deadline will exist to submit your times. We could run this for as long as you guys want. All are welcome.

Discuss :skywalker:
  2. Great idea. :)
  3. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Awesome idea, but how can you make a set-up defualt without people changing stuff?
  4. Trust Ross......trust :D
  5. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Thats where trust gets in. If someone changes anything else and wins, he/she will know they cheated. Thats upto them I guess.
  6. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour

Ahh trust is key :)
  7. Great idea. As for setup you could use a car like the Audi R8 which has little to no setup adjustment, or the Iroc Z.

Just a thought :)
  8. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Keith car will change every week. Its the fastest driver to decide which car he/she would like to run a week after. I would like the choices to be fair and reasonable. For the first few weeks, normal cars with short to medium track lenghts. As momentum picks up and everyone is enjoying the time trials we take it up a notch. Its all upto to the winners though.

Sample Table Format

9. actuallyI could probably set that up online and have all the times displayed
  10. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Ohh my this is getting exciting. Eric I reckon you will have to run an online server to get the times right? But then the server will need to run 24/7 hence the suggestion of running this offline.
  11. Dont see that as an issue :) I am already running 24x7 a practice server for the F3k league....

Anyway, let me think about it.
  12. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour

Woop :)

I really think there will be cheaters though :(

@Eric: Is there anyway to restrict people from chaning their set-ups??
  13. Only if you are running rFactor:)

I say let people play with the setup... There will be no way to enforce that.
  14. I think someone might no how to do it cough cough EVANS
  15. Great idea guys! Fun way to compete without having to dedicate as much time as a race.

As for the setups, I'm sure the fast guys will upload their setups (many of you are very helpful with that), so I don't see it as an issue.

16. Excellent idea guys Abdul, Eric et al :)
  17. I'm up for it so long it is not Evo cars because I don't have Evo.
  18. Enter the RD competition then! :D

Sounds like a good idea, me and my mate used to do it on GT4, was loadsa fun. I think setups should be allowed to be changed, good way to practise getting good at them, without the pressure of a race.
  19. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour

Or unless someone makes an awesome set-up that everyone uses???
  20. What? Ok I might do that but I didn't realise this was for evo only. It doesn't say anywere. Why do I get the feeling the Race 07 + expansion forum was hijacked by GTR Evo...
    Anyway, settings should be allowed I think.