Idea to stop spam threads

Lately I have noticed a lot of people making spam threads and some of them have been really weird lol. I'm not sure if people have said this before but maybe you could only allow people who have posted a certain number of times to make threads. So for example, a guy registers on this site and he goes to make a spam thread. But it says - "You must have X number of posts before being allowed to make a thread". I think that would solve the problem. They would just move on to a different site because it would be quicker.

I think 30 or 40 posts would be a good number. Again apologies if someone has thought of this before.

Thing is, those "people" (most spam threads are actually created by scripts, even tho because you have captcha etc. in place the accounts are often being registered by human beings) would simply post their messages into the most active threads in case we'd introduce a requirement for making a thread.

It's a hard one to solve, I believe.

Another issue with that suggestion: everyone who wants a racing license needs to create a thread :D

Hehe :) didnt think of that either. Well maybe if someone wants a licence they could send a private message to Tom Endres. Just a thought..

Or maybe there could be a thread made by Tom where people could post their details and say they want to get a licence. That way new members looking for a licence dont have to make a thread.. ( There will probably be a problem with this idea as well I guess :))

Anyway its clear that my idea to stop spam threads is flawed. So we can just forget about it lol :)

The problem is a bit worse. As this site is fairly well known we always get hit earlier than others. But since some days a massive spamsoftware added xenforo (our forum software) to its script/list and now all xenforo powered discussion boards world wide will see a dramatic increase in spam the coming weeks.

I have tried to solve it by installing a human verification question but it seems they are able to bypass one of the three easily as well. Maybe a good math question will scare them off :D

Hehe :) didnt think of that either. Well maybe if someone wants a licence they could send a private message to Tom Endres. Just a thought..

Or maybe there could be a thread made by Tom where people could post their details and say they want to get a licence. That way new members looking for a licence dont have to make a thread.. ( There will probably be a problem with this idea as well I guess :))

25428863.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 244 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%
  • < 5 years