1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

[IDEA] Live View

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Alessandro Gamberini, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Hi all,

I would suggest to install on our rF server one of the live view available for rFactor to follow our buddies from outside :)

here below a snapshot of rFactorMonitor, generally 0.13-0.14kb of network bandwidth is occupied per car per second (as stated in its description)

[​IMG]

what do you think about ?

thanks
    ciao

2. For wich races then?

3. it could be used for the Formula Pro World Series, RDLMS, and RD500? (this is my thoughts)

4. Was in the planning for RDLMS but we decided no because extra plug ins installed doesnt make it more stable.

5. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Live view for rFactor is not going to happen, sorry.

We have tested it in the past and within one week our race server was compromised (security issues). It uses webserver components which needs an almost daily maintenance to prevent it from hacking. Since we run this (RD) on free time and we all hate to do maintenance day in day out, we have to skip such features.

Hope you understand.

6. there are at least three different live view plug in, probably one of them would run fine
    anyway I understand your position, it has no sense to keep controllng a sw that gives potentially problems ..