Idea: 24/7 open trainingsserver for all cars with rotation of tracks for GTR-Evo

E

Eric Soeters

• Eric Soeters

I was wondering why there is not a general server which is open 24/7 voor all trial and premium-members for practice purposes. I can imagine a reason such as not enough server capacity to keep it running 24/7 for the different type of games? However the actual reason I don't know.

I do see several advantages for a 24/7 practice server for Race07/GTR-Evo:

-More contact moments for RD-members which will increase community feeling.
-Online server with more activity, which makes praticing more fun than practicing on SP-mode with most of the time only 2 AI cars.
-Car-setup's, track-knowledge can be shared 'on the track' itself instead via forums. Also a possibility with Teamspeak which makes it more interesting of following a car on the track for ideal driving lines and braking points.
-In comparison with other online servers, general RD-rules are still to be obeyed. Serious practice possibility without on purpose crashes etc.
-Due to the fact that there are different styles of cars, trial members learn quickly that they have to use their mirrors and calculating speed differences between different type of cars.

Let's discuss in general and I'm wondering why there is not such a server present for 24/7 practice purposes.

http://forum.racedepartment.com/lat...onthly-donation-reminder-december-2008-a.html

possibly a contributing factor. also the race calender is very tight at the moment so it seems all servers are up for practicing events and as fast as the event is over they're up again for the next. maybe you could jump in those servers with other peeps who are practicing for the event. dont get the different classes thing with that tho.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%