IcemanLFS´s 2012 TV-Style Real T-Cams

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, to put an end to the comparision discussion I'll show you what @modmate was / is talking about.

IcemanLFS (2012 mod)
<View type="Mounted" ident="bonnet" reverseCamera="bonnet_reverse2" hidden="false" spectator="false" useInSplitScreen="false" renderParticlesBeforeGrass="false" transitionType="switch" transitionSpeed="0.0000" transitionStrength="0.0000">
<Parameter name="renderParticlesBeforeGrass" type="bool" value="false" />
<Parameter name="yaw" type="scalar" value="-0.0200" />
<Parameter name="pitch" type="scalar" value="0.2450" />
<Parameter name="roll" type="scalar" value="0.0000" />
<Parameter name="offset" type="vector3" x="0.1040" y="1.0450" z="-0.2778" />
<Parameter name="fov" type="scalar" value="48.600" />
<Parameter name="nearPlane" type="scalar" value="0.1570" />
<Parameter name="highResInterior" type="bool" value="true" />
<Parameter name="DisableDriverHead" type="bool" value="false" />
<Parameter name="DisableDriver" type="bool" value="false" />
<Parameter name="DisableCoDriver" type="bool" value="false" />
<Parameter name="axisScale" type="vector3" x="0.0000" y="0.0800" z="0.0800" />
<Parameter name="axisScaleForTilt" type="vector3" x="0.2000" y="0.2000" z="0.2000" />
<Parameter name="twistScale" type="vector3" x="-0.1423" y="0.0000" z="0.4107" />
<Parameter name="maximumShift" type="scalar" value="0.0000" />
<Parameter name="movementSpeed" type="scalar" value="0.0000" />
<Parameter name="tiltDistance" type="scalar" value="1.0000" />
<Parameter name="shakeAngle" type="scalar" value="158.1500" />
<Parameter name="shakeDamping" type="scalar" value="0.1450" />
<Parameter name="shakeMinSpeed" type="scalar" value="0.0000" />
<Parameter name="shakeMaxSpeed" type="scalar" value="90.0000" />
<Parameter name="shakeScaleX" type="scalar" value="0.8440" />
<Parameter name="shakeScaleY" type="scalar" value="0.9480" />
<Parameter name="shakeRotationSpeed" type="scalar" value="0.9000" />
<Parameter name="finalMovementScale" type="scalar" value="1.0000" />
<Parameter name="offsetOnly" type="bool" value="false" />
<CorneringForces>

modmate (2011 mod)
<Parameter name="renderParticlesBeforeGrass" type="bool" value="false" />
<Parameter name="yaw" type="scalar" value="0.0000" />
<Parameter name="offset" type="vector3" x="0.0000" y="1.0450" z="-0.2777" />
<Parameter name="fov" type="scalar" value="48.0600" />
<Parameter name="highResInterior" type="bool" value="true" />
<Parameter name="DisableDriverHead" type="bool" value="true" />
<Parameter name="DisableDriver" type="bool" value="false" />
<Parameter name="DisableCoDriver" type="bool" value="false" />
<Parameter name="axisScale" type="vector3" x="0.0000" y="0.0800" z="0.0800" />
<Parameter name="axisScaleForTilt" type="vector3" x="0.2000" y="0.2000" z="0.2000" />
<Parameter name="twistScale" type="vector3" x="-0.1423" y="0.0000" z="0.4107" />
<Parameter name="maximumShift" type="scalar" value="0.0000" />
<Parameter name="movementSpeed" type="scalar" value="0.0000" />
<Parameter name="tiltDistance" type="scalar" value="1.0000" />
<Parameter name="shakeAngle" type="scalar" value="158.1500" />
<Parameter name="shakeDamping" type="scalar" value="0.1450" />
<Parameter name="shakeMinSpeed" type="scalar" value="0.0000" />
<Parameter name="shakeMaxSpeed" type="scalar" value="90.0000" />
<Parameter name="shakeScaleX" type="scalar" value="0.8440" />
<Parameter name="shakeScaleY" type="scalar" value="0.9480" />
<Parameter name="shakeRotationSpeed" type="scalar" value="0.9000" />
<Parameter name="finalMovementScale" type="scalar" value="1.0000" />
<Parameter name="offsetOnly" type="bool" value="false" />
<CorneringForces>

Incidentally, not incidentally - how am I supposed to know for sure? I'm neither a lawyer nor a judge but it is indeed very similar.

However: whatever you guys do, please give credit where and if credit is due. That's what we'd like to see.

Tom

OK guys, after reading your posts, being motivated by you that show me how much you enjoyed my work and really supported me, i think i don´t have the right to keep this work for myself, because you all love F1 like myself. Also i didn´t expect so much support and motivation by you guys. You move me....really. So thank you very much.
So, if you like TV cams off-center style, this is the right place. I will not do center cams.

I´ve been working in some cams during the afternoon, and after watching the Singapore GP i updated the cams with one more TV cam with a new rear view.

So, i need you to tell me if you like this new cams, because if so, they will be the my base cams for all teams and will update before releasing the Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes soon.

Please try them and tell me if you found any errors.

RED BULL 2012 TV-STYLE CAMS UPDATE 2.1

- 2 NEW TV-STYLE T-CAMS;
- 1 NEW POD TV-STYLE T-CAM;
- 1 NEW SIDE DRIVER CAM
- 3 NEW REAR VIEWS

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?optq7jynp8ovbto

View attachment 33783
Amazing it's trully amazing!!I cannot describe it in words.I just cannot find the right words for it!!;) Your work is amazing so far howewer this cam is not confortable for driving in the game(for me at least it's not , but i hope it is for someone)but in long tracks like monza it's f*cking brilliant:).(ops sry for bad words but it's true).Hope you continue your mods and i hope you will update ferrari and mclaren with this cam too(if there will be mclaren).You are my master trully:).Your works always make me happy as a real f1 fan:).I bet other fans will be happy with this cams too:).

<Parameter name="yaw" type="scalar" value="-0.0200" />
<Parameter name="offset" type="vector3" x="0.1040" y="1.0450" z="-0.2778" />
<Parameter name="fov" type="scalar" value="48.600" />

Tom,

Thanks for your words, indeed is very similar but if someone tryed to make a camera mod from scartch, changing the original values might end up with something like this one or modmate cameras because this values are the ones that more or less fit the car in the screen as in tv.
I think modmate is a great modder, i respect very much his work, because i know the time and effort that takes to do this. I´m glad is doing is camera mod because alot of people like his work and cameras. So for me, everything is fine and clarify. I will keep releasing my cams.

One question: How do i edit my first post?

Thanks.

OK guys, i update my first post with the new cams. From now on all updates will be in my first post.

Next release: McLaren & Mercedes!!

Enjoy it!!!! And please comment and reply.
Thank you for all your support!!!

I tried your latest update with the new closer side cam and it's really nice, but I think I will personnaly stick with the upper TV pod version, I have a better vision of the track hehe :p

Also, a small request, could you give some specific names to your cams so it should be easier to recognize and choose them in the camera options in the menus (to choose the default one) ? Like "Iceman TV pod 1", something like that it should be great hehe :)

Ok good to see common sense. But frankly it was utterly ridiculous because we are simply talking about number, integers, values folks, simple finite NUMBERS !!!

As Iceman said... anyone can take these cam files and because they are all simply x y z ratios they can begin to change the numbers to match visual angles as seen on the TV screen. We are working within a finite framework of numbers equaling the ratio of the screen so of course someone else may come up with similar or exact figures whilst tinkering with those ratios to achieve same or similar result ie. T-Cams matching those seen on TV and then simply centering them ( great idea ) is very simple to do.

It is not a piece of artwork or car model so it is ridiculous to acuse someone of counterfeiting those numbers because "I" or "you"discovered them and modified the file first by changing the numbers to come up with a camera view.

Come on lets take a reality check here... I totally support how Iceman must be feeling over this absurd and embarrasing situation.

Ok good to see common sense. But frankly it was utterly ridiculous because we are simply talking about number, integers, values folks, simple finite NUMBERS !!!

As Iceman said... anyone can take these cam files and because they are all simply x y z ratios they can begin to change the numbers to match visual angles as seen on the TV screen. We are working within a finite framework of numbers equaling the ratio of the screen so of course someone else may come up with similar or exact figures whilst tinkering with those ratios to achieve same or similar result ie. T-Cams matching those seen on TV and then simply centering them ( great idea ) is very simple to do.

It is not a piece of artwork or car model so it is ridiculous to acuse someone of counterfeiting those numbers because "I" or "you"discovered them and modified the file first by changing the numbers to come up with a camera view.

Come on lets take a reality check here... I totally support how Iceman must be feeling over this absurd and embarrasing situation.

I really dont know why YOU step into that conversation after all is cleared??:confused:

These "infinite Framework of numbers" like you call it is that infinite that such equal values cannot be from scratch. At least he get a real straight inspiration from my cam.I do cams for 3 years now and know what i talk about. Anyway, the TV cams never was the problem it was just the Centred view wich got the same values.

Anyway , i said yesterday that i dont care anymore and he can do his cams as he like, BUT without seeing equal values . I recently like that he works on TV cams , no, honestly i appreciate it cause i dont like the tv cams. That way we can coexist and everyone do their own cams without any harrasement like you try to spread around right now.

So, ICEMANLFS , go for it and release more of your Tv cams, i have no problem with that!
And sorry for OT but i dont like get such a image out here.

Modmate

the way I see it, you are both hugely talented modders, a real credit to racedepartment the both of you.

We are very lucky to have the both of you working on the project, we all win here surely!

Please don't get me wrong but this has been solved amiably and both of them agreed that there are certain similarities. Neither of the guys is interested in bringing this back up again and you shouldn't be interested in that either, especially since you're not even involved.

Tom

Good morning, guys!!
Please, everything is all wright, we are all good. Modemate, thanks for your support, i think, like you i can help making this game better giving different options for people to choose from. I'm only doing off-center cams. That´s the option i give to the community.
By me, anyonelse could join us and start making their own camera mods.
I totally respect your work, as i´m a rookie in this this of camera modding, but i´m trying to improve and you do it for so long.
So for myself, we´re all good, brother. And we could cooperate giving each other some feed-backs, suggestions, questions in case we need.
Peace, and keep up the good work.

IcemanLFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back