ICE Mod 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there...

i think wanna to tell about this mod because
ICE Mod 2017 are now release!...in Steam workshop.

its a fanastic mod with F1,Indycar,Formula E,Le mans LMP and GT3
all with new car 3d models(whiteout f1),over 200 real sponsors,real names etc..
plus a 35 livery pack.
you guys could try this one.

mod-edit: mods go in here and a thread will be created in the correct forum http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/

have fun.

EDIT: (Note ; i didn't make this mod...just post that.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Penske has changed. The liveries have not yet been made...its 50 liveries...some take up to 10 hours to make.. And the extra liveries are from the last years, yes.

Awesome thanks. Also, I don't know if it is something you have changed, maybe it is the game dev's but is overtaking harder? I'm McLaren and noticed its harder for faster drivers to pass slower. I am a big fan of this as it places more importance on strategy (the key part of the game WE can influence).

I'm McLaren and noticed its harder for faster drivers to pass slower.
YES, especially for the first season in F1 I balanced it so you can "catch" a driver but overtaking might take a lot more micromanaging than before. I had a race with Vettel beeing behind Verstappen in battle for 1st (Merc did a double pit stop fail). These two have been racing whole duration until the 3rd last corner in Dubai when I used my whole ERS to make the final move on Verstappen and winning with 0,1 seconds on him.
"slower" doesnt always mean "slower on all tracks". I wanted the whole field to be much closer together and specific cars would perform better at certain tracks than others. There are a lot of more aspects in the game that are "not obvious" only when you take a closer look, and not many people do that I guess.
Since the mod came out one week before the Australian GP, we had multiple world champions in the tests, Vettel, Hamilton, Ricciardo were all able to gain the title there. I'd rather do that than having the Mercedes winning all the time. That could happen, but it's up to the AI behaviour.
Same with Stroll. Stroll isnt that good of a driver compared to other drivers in the F1 in ICE. A lot of people say that he is too strong. Well...Stuff can happen in the race and when top teams fail, there is a chance for stroll. I had him winning a race cause of that. The only reason he can do that is, because he sits in the Williams, which is no bad car in the mod as well. It's very hard to balance the stuff, test it, so everyone is pleased with it and even then it's about 30% chance that AI will do stuff you wouldnt expect. It's a game and for me the greatest thing to watch it is what happends after the season. And in that case, Stroll gets fired out of F1 with a chance of 50-80%. If I make him weaker, the chance is 100%.
I would need somebody who plays the game 8-12 hours a day to test everything i want to achieve. And nobody raised his hand for now :D

YES, especially for the first season in F1 I balanced it so you can "catch" a driver but overtaking might take a lot more micromanaging than before. I had a race with Vettel beeing behind Verstappen in battle for 1st (Merc did a double pit stop fail). These two have been racing whole duration until the 3rd last corner in Dubai when I used my whole ERS to make the final move on Verstappen and winning with 0,1 seconds on him.
"slower" doesnt always mean "slower on all tracks". I wanted the whole field to be much closer together and specific cars would perform better at certain tracks than others. There are a lot of more aspects in the game that are "not obvious" only when you take a closer look, and not many people do that I guess.
Since the mod came out one week before the Australian GP, we had multiple world champions in the tests, Vettel, Hamilton, Ricciardo were all able to gain the title there. I'd rather do that than having the Mercedes winning all the time. That could happen, but it's up to the AI behaviour.
Same with Stroll. Stroll isnt that good of a driver compared to other drivers in the F1 in ICE. A lot of people say that he is too strong. Well...Stuff can happen in the race and when top teams fail, there is a chance for stroll. I had him winning a race cause of that. The only reason he can do that is, because he sits in the Williams, which is no bad car in the mod as well. It's very hard to balance the stuff, test it, so everyone is pleased with it and even then it's about 30% chance that AI will do stuff you wouldnt expect. It's a game and for me the greatest thing to watch it is what happends after the season. And in that case, Stroll gets fired out of F1 with a chance of 50-80%. If I make him weaker, the chance is 100%.
I would need somebody who plays the game 8-12 hours a day to test everything i want to achieve. And nobody raised his hand for now :D

Awesome, huge fan of this as it makes it realistic, especially having seen what happened in Australia! Also makes timing of pitstops vital which holds my attention more! Im guessing my comment is exactly what you wanted to hear! :roflmao:

Finally, is promotion/relegation on? and if so, are liveries affected much by these different models?

Of course, that's the main idea of the devs. For the one's who dont like it, we have the extra file.

Perfect, that is what I wanted! I am out of questions for now but once again, thanks! I might be needy, but I can't play this game without your mod (previously Enzoli's) so massively appreciate all the work you lot have all put into this!

Hi! I took a look at your Mod after Enzoli's disappeared from the face of the earth :( and it seems wonderful!! at the FAQ page it says is not compatible with Mac, is this still true? AFAIK all Enzoli needed for the Mac version was the assets file... if there's anything I can do to help I'll be glad.

The problem with linux and mac is that the Car Models get rendered completely black. Enzoli did not change the models, which is why he did not have those problems with his mod.

If you delete the models you can use the Mod just fine.

Hi! Great mod! Only thing is, the indycarseries and FE feels a bit out of place (but i love the indycar 3d model ;) )
Maybe just an idea: you could make a f1 mod and an indycar mod, with in the f1 mod F1 as tier 1, F2 as tier 2 and a fake F3 because a lot of teams in F2 and GP3 are the same. Maybe you could start a poll to ask which teams people would love in the 'fake F3'? :) or you could just take formula E as tier 3.
Indycar is a really good idea but it feels a but out of place because all the teams and drivers are american and the calander is only made of 3 circuits (so stupid that tracks aren't moddable)
or maybe just make a seperate mod without the LMP and GT series and swap them with indycar and a lower indycar series? So we have F1, F2, F3 and Indycar + lower series.
I hope i don't sound like a dick :p i just want to give some ideas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%