ICE Mod 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there...

i think wanna to tell about this mod because
ICE Mod 2017 are now release!...in Steam workshop.

its a fanastic mod with F1,Indycar,Formula E,Le mans LMP and GT3
all with new car 3d models(whiteout f1),over 200 real sponsors,real names etc..
plus a 35 livery pack.
you guys could try this one.

mod-edit: mods go in here and a thread will be created in the correct forum http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/

have fun.

EDIT: (Note ; i didn't make this mod...just post that.)

Last edited by a moderator:
@KekeJohn i made several comments about part suppliers and the description says as soon as the new patch arrives that supports that, we will add a lot of suppliers.
The Colors in the grid on front of the drivers, I assume you mean the parasols? Well yeah...parasols. That things take a color thats needed on the car. If Mclaren would be all over orange, sure, that would automatically be too, but since the games picks the black color of the car..

It would make the thing more realistic with original stretch name! With the colors I mean in the grid in front of the drivers! Okay I understand that if it is not feasible. What about suppliers for engines, ECUs and others? @Longhorn76

What you have to understand Keke is some people lost the will to fantasise. Playing computer games is about immersion, dreaming, feeling the world you enter as some extension of yours. Sadly not everybody understands that some things are there to do nothing but immerse the user in a world where they can see something and fantasise.

Also most modders are as arrogantly protective of their work as Devs. Track names not matching is bizzare (and rightly so), but so is the sound of an Indy car or FE car in the ice mod not matching!

The best you could ever hope for is someone like Enzoli to provide choice and balance to your mod selection.

Okay, well then that is clear. To the suppliers again! I mean this for example in the game of Force India currently has no Mercedes engines and the Renault no Renault engine! Can one do something there? How about a vote because of track names !? @Longhorn76

@KekeJohn
I beg you. we said we will deal with partsuppliers when the patch is out. The AI of the Teams will ALWAYS choose the best engine when they have enough money, if thats not Renault, they will take a Mercedes engine. We WILL change that. But NOT until the developers ALLOW us to make more than just 5 different part suppliers. Please be patient and read the posts about it.
And if Track names cant be edited via the Workshop-Method, we can't change that either!
Yeah, Tracknames CAN be edited via the "enzoli" -method, but how well that works we just see as he vanished and the mod is broken. So please consider that when posting. Please. Please.

i know there are some things that game doesn´t allow modders to deal with, because they are implemented in the game. Since, you cannot "create" new tracks, or ... order the game which teams/drivers cannot do (sign) this or that ...in other words in real life if top team fail in pinacle...they never go into GP2 (F2, indy in ICE), but they go busted.....neither Alonso would sign Renault GP2 test deal at age 38 (like in Enzoli 2016)! Those are things which would immerse the game to new level....but at this time is imposssible. I dont have mod installed atm, because i cannot find time to play.... but, when i will install next it will be the one, who can create the most of it (or close to maybee somehow real possible...)..... after some 9-10 years in career mode, with own team from the bottom. I know it sims strange... but OK, i can swallow that Sauber is relegated into second tier after being last in champs, but i dont want to see "only" 6 original teams in F1, after 7-8 seasons...while im still in GP2(F2). Game loses charm when you finally enter F1....because theres no Sauber,Williams etc. , but Prema,DAMS....and so on, and theres almost no active drivers from 2016 season. Just my twocents.....

i know there are some things that game doesn´t allow modders to deal with, because they are implemented in the game. Since, you cannot "create" new tracks, or ... order the game which teams/drivers cannot do (sign) this or that ...in other words in real life if top team fail in pinacle...they never go into GP2 (F2, indy in ICE), but they go busted.....neither Alonso would sign Renault GP2 test deal at age 38 (like in Enzoli 2016)! Those are things which would immerse the game to new level....but at this time is imposssible. I dont have mod installed atm, because i cannot find time to play.... but, when i will install next it will be the one, who can create the most of it (or close to maybee somehow real possible...)..... after some 9-10 years in career mode, with own team from the bottom. I know it sims strange... but OK, i can swallow that Sauber is relegated into second tier after being last in champs, but i dont want to see "only" 6 original teams in F1, after 7-8 seasons...while im still in GP2(F2). Game loses charm when you finally enter F1....because theres no Sauber,Williams etc. , but Prema,DAMS....and so on, and theres almost no active drivers from 2016 season. Just my twocents.....

A lot of things you guys want can be easily added in to the game at the start of a new save via the workshop tools right now before any new patch comes along. The short and simple is that the modders don't want to do it. They just rely on your lack of knowledge to brush the issues to the side in the hope you stop asking for them. It's very easy using the workshop to prevent Alonso from signing for a lower team if its something you want in a mod as an example. You just unfortunately have to accept the fact the modders have their own agenda and you are stuck with it.

A lot of things you guys want can be easily added in to the game at the start of a new save via the workshop tools right now before any new patch comes along. The short and simple is that the modders don't want to do it. They just rely on your lack of knowledge to brush the issues to the side in the hope you stop asking for them. It's very easy using the workshop to prevent Alonso from signing for a lower team if its something you want in a mod as an example. You just unfortunately have to accept the fact the modders have their own agenda and you are stuck with it.
You mean by changing the wage demands?

@Longhorn76

About Engine...do Ice mod with Mercedes can only buy Mercedes and all other disable, like Renualt only with Renualt Engine and Ferrari with Ferrari Engine? if yes good. i dont like see Mercedes buy Honda engine or Ferrari with Renualt engine. lol.

plus please allow all team(whiteout Merc,Renu and ferr) that can buy all engine.

to be honest about Track name...i didn't like the track name from vanilla,feel werido with that,change name and wtih all real name,i dont really care about track not real. enzoli mod did that so nice as i feel its more realisme. start aus,bah,Soc,Barca etc like F1..its so cool! ;) just my feedback :)

Any plan to make a New 3D Model for MCLAREN 650S GT3 ? to blancspan..i like this one.
http://cars.mclaren.com/gt

Last edited:

You are right in one aspect that things can be done, be it via Workshop modding tools (that the devs have been so kind to work on and give us) or other methods.

But there may be something which may be the reason why the modders can't give you guys what you want (at this point in time).

The first big thing is compatibility. The modders are modding the game with the future in mind, they're probably thinking "big picture" here. When the Devs drop an update, the modders want to ensure the mod works with the update. It can be really frustrating when a system is updated and then that update breaks all your hard work. Then theres more time wasted on trying to find the issue and then working to fix it. There's no quick fix for that method of working and there is no "moving forward". They're not just thinking about that for their benefit either, they're also thinking for the end user (us players) at the same time (ensuring we can still play the mod and we dont have to start new careers).
I think this is what Enzoli experienced with his mod - As he was developing 2017, devs would update the game and break his 2016 mod. He would then have to take his attention away from 2017 mod to fix the 2016 mod. The thing is, Enzoli was one of the first modders of the game and was modding before the Workshop mod tools were released. So his changes were "injected" into the game's resources file. This is the harder way; Yes it give you guys what you want, but the modder pays the price in the long term.

I guess what I'm saying is, be patient. These guys are limited by what the devs give them whilst the game is in its application support life-cycle. Once the devs gives them the tools, you will get what you want. Or once the devs announce end of updates and support for the game, maybe then the modders will dive into the "original" method of modding the game.

You are right in one aspect that things can be done, be it via Workshop modding tools (that the devs have been so kind to work on and give us) or other methods.

But there may be something which may be the reason why the modders can't give you guys what you want (at this point in time).

The first big thing is compatibility. The modders are modding the game with the future in mind, they're probably thinking "big picture" here. When the Devs drop an update, the modders want to ensure the mod works with the update. It can be really frustrating when a system is updated and then that update breaks all your hard work. Then theres more time wasted on trying to find the issue and then working to fix it. There's no quick fix for that method of working and there is no "moving forward". They're not just thinking about that for their benefit either, they're also thinking for the end user (us players) at the same time (ensuring we can still play the mod and we dont have to start new careers).
I think this is what Enzoli experienced with his mod - As he was developing 2017, devs would update the game and break his 2016 mod. He would then have to take his attention away from 2017 mod to fix the 2016 mod. The thing is, Enzoli was one of the first modders of the game and was modding before the Workshop mod tools were released. So his changes were "injected" into the game's resources file. This is the harder way; Yes it give you guys what you want, but the modder pays the price in the long term.

I guess what I'm saying is, be patient. These guys are limited by what the devs give them whilst the game is in its application support life-cycle. Once the devs gives them the tools, you will get what you want. Or once the devs announce end of updates and support for the game, maybe then the modders will dive into the "original" method of modding the game.

The biggest problem is save game compatibility I agree. Every database update basically requires a new save game. Which is more upsetting than waiting a bit longer for something. But some things being asked for here by some guys, are basics that should have been in the mod in the first place tbh!

First you get your database in order, then you work on graphics, cos graphics can be added without an issue for saved games, database can't.

These guys did it in the reverse and that's why they have a lot of wish lists to deal with.

Not very honest uploading vanilla files as your own!

Attachments

• file1.png
    file1.png
    496 KB · Views: 366
  • file2.png
    file2.png
    272.9 KB · Views: 382
@gazwefc: i did not have that problem yet. What tier where you in? Have you been promoted/demoted?[/QUOTE]

I started with Red Bull in F1 and won both Driver and Constructors championship, i have reloaded it back up multiple times and tried to choose different suppliers incase there was a problem but it still ctd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back