ICE Mod 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there...

i think wanna to tell about this mod because
ICE Mod 2017 are now release!...in Steam workshop.

its a fanastic mod with F1,Indycar,Formula E,Le mans LMP and GT3
all with new car 3d models(whiteout f1),over 200 real sponsors,real names etc..
plus a 35 livery pack.
you guys could try this one.

mod-edit: mods go in here and a thread will be created in the correct forum http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/

have fun.

EDIT: (Note ; i didn't make this mod...just post that.)

Last edited by a moderator:
but the liveries look like they've been done with a knife and fork.
Yup, description says that fitting liveries for all series are coming soon - 50 liveries don't get made in the blink of an eye. There is even a problem making them fit 100%, that issue is with F1 liveries too. We hope that our custom liveries will fix that to a better amount.
Due to the restrictions the modder couldn't do any tracks, with is the most annoying thing. As the tracks are completely wrong.
Yeah I'm sorry about that. Is there anything that could be done with the calendar to make it better?
Be constructive - don't just give a thesis, give an idea for a solution ;)

Venturi in Indycar, Sauber in Indycar, seems legit...
Yeah, there is a file for people who want to play with promotions OFF and several posts in the forums on steam about how to achieve that.

For me the modders have rushed the mod, and made the mod for their egos instead of what others want,
What do others want? GP2, GP3?
If so let me explain. Every Single Seater mod I see on Steam or even a big one here, features GP2 and GP3.
Got no problem with that, the issue just is that we did not want to "copy" all the other mods. We wanted to make something different. The decision was easier after seeing this:
GP2/Formula 2 has 10 teams this year, which is good for fitting into the game, but about 12 drivers are missing.
GP3 features 7 Teams this year, 3 of them are similar to GP2/Formula 2. Not enough for a decent starting grid.
Fair enough, We could merge GP2 and GP3 together into one series. Do people want that?
What to do with the 3rd series of Open Wheelers? European Formula 3? Well 5 Teams with 18 drivers atm.
How to fill that series? What series want people merged into each other? Decisions, decisions. So, we thought about it and came up with the solution, we do something different from any mod, build 2 SingleSeaterSeries with a decent grid, a good base, that nobody has touched before. We even got all these young drivers as free agents.
"Just another GP2/GP3 mod" - We did not want that, there are enough of them (I thought, maybe I'm wrong)
When the patch arrives, that allows us to define the count of Championships by ourselfs, we can put in any series people want. Come up with ideas, if you have some ;)
I'm preparing several Series such as F1, GP2, GP3, Formula 3, Indycar, Indy lights, Nascar sprint, Nascar other thing, WTCC, DTM, Formula E, LMP1,2, BLancpain, ADAC GT Masters, MotoGP/250/125, Super Sportcars, Classic GT, Classic LMP, Classic everything...all together in one game.

they're very rude and can't take criticism, any constructive criticism gets deleted.
If any constructive criticism is like: "WHY ARE YOU NOT MAKING GP2" or "WHO CARES ABOUT INDYCAR" or even "Why is Vandoorne so bad" (he has a decent potential,4,5Stars...I don't know whats wrong with that tbh) or "Why not for mac **sadsmiley**" or a harsh comment of somebody who has white on red swastikas as artworks, well yeah. Cause capslock doesnt seem to me as constructive, just as these examples do, too. If somebody would tell me how to make it work for mac or linux, be my guest, join my teamspeak, please tell me. But don't send me that kind of comments.
And once a "discussion" in the comments is solved, because we support people when they can't run the mod because of already modded files or whatever the issue is, most of the comments get deleted. The essence of the discussion is still intact.

They also bullied someone on the Steam Forum.
You are not familiar with details? That guy insulted several people (yes he deleted that posts so nobody can see that anymore) and a friend of him threatend users and developers to kill them.
We just wanted to help out with a question, that the user's reaction would be so extreme, we could not forseen.

All in all, the models are great, but the mod doesn't work with the game's structure.
What exactly do you mean? That you can't choose your "create a team" car? If so, we are deeply sorry for that,
we tried everything, we even came up with a workaround, but we thought it's to complicated for not-experienced users. We hope the devs come up with a solution for that since they pointed out, having different models for each team is a feature.

And there are not many future stars in the mod either.
That is really a good, constructive criticism, we have noticed that as well. We were unsure of how to "pick" future stars. If you have an idea, please let us know. That's why we expanded the career of all drivers to let them drive longer for now.

Dealing with comments and personal friend requests in this time, seems to be very hard, as a personal opinion. Some people just want to thank you, other people are threatening to do "things" if you don't feature a specific driver, team, series, model. Sometimes it's quiet frustrating, that nobody even reads a description or is able to validate game files via steam by him/herself. When people ask about "bugs" that don't have anything to do with the mod, I am deleting comments when I told them, thats not a mod issue, its a game bug. Everybody is demanding you do it their way either they have no idea of how the modding system works. As a result of seeing that comments, I'm working on a FAQ, deeply hoping that somebody will read it. I know, that sounds like I'm a jerk, but somehow, I haven't been able to forseen that change of commenting in the past years. When I modded for GP4/else racing games, I never faced that kind of harsh comments.
I have the option to either read the comments and keep responding to them, or just ignore them. As somebody who really wants to help people with their problems, option two is not really available to me. I know, we have made a mod that works, that has been tested and I want to help people who want to experience it, even if I wonder sometimes how they got steam working (yes, that comment is a jerky one). Just beeing honest.

We worked about 3-4 weeks on this mod. Some might say, too short, some say just right, and others might be shocked that it takes so long. We are doing that in our free time and it was still some fun. The game is very complex with all its values and getting it decent is all we desire.
I know that there are people who are jealous that I'm one of two people who can make custom 3D models work to 99,9% in the game. Well, sorry for that, it even took me a week, some headaches, broken pencils and to smoke like a chimney to figure that out but hey, you might end up with a better solution and nobody really wants to know how to do it, they are just blaming me for beeing able to do it.
We are sure, that we can't hit everybody's taste 100% and we are really sorry, that we are not able to make a perfect version for every user out there, yeah, honestly. We try everything to make it a good mod, a quality mod, nice graphics and we are trying to come up with new ideas - like the new sponsor system. It changes contract lengths, amounts, best places on your car get better deals than others, as a team with maximum marketablity you get the maximum of two Five-Star Sponsors of that some have really demanding challenges. I got 3,4, maybe 5 reactions to that.
I'm getting attacked by demaning posts, do this, do that, it's a difference of how people ask for stuff. Everytime I'm asking people about what they really want, what kind of idea they have about GP2/GP3 not having enough drivers-merging them etc, I get no answer. frustrating really. And yeah, people could say "thats how people are, deal with it" and yeah, as you can see I'm dealing with it, but I am allowed to have an opinion about it and show it.
Instead of attacking with posts, comments, get involved. Open a discussion on the mod-workshop page, add me as a friend in steam, ask a decent question, make a hint. Show that you want to get heard, don't be rude. See the other side. Comments are rushing through, a post is much easier to manage.
It's even no problem if you want to be a part of the people that made that mod, just try to get a member of the team. Help with researching, help with gameplay decisions. I love to add people that want to tell me their ideas, I just had that kind of friend-requests. I listen to people when they are able to talk to me, to discuss with me, to get some ideas, to explain why we do things the way we did. I'm not a bad guy, I just don't want to get attacked by people who don't know what exactly they want from me. We sure will get updates on the mod, but we are waiting for another patch (from our side) until we have enough stuff that deserves to be patched in the mod. I believe people don't like to patch a mod everyday, or every two days. Of course we might have missed a driver or two, things happen, we are just humans. Of course we will fill the vanilla drivers (mostly females) with real ones, people want that. We are working on that. We heard that.
And when dev's introduce the feature to increase part suppliers, we will add the feature to our mod. We got it all prepared to let your cars drive with Porsche, Chevrolet, Ford, Audi engines and everything else.

I'm still not sure with what kind of emphasis this post will be read, but I'm sure somebody will tell me.
Out.

Last edited:
Ok sorry, misunderstood, I suggest that you remove promotions and add lots of young stars as free agents.
Ideas about tracks:
Get all the street tracks for FE and just rename them and maybe change the look of the track without changing the layout, cuz the cars will go crazy otherwise.
With indycar, get all the ovals and rename them, and change the look of the tracks to make them more unique.
Also I get that you can only have 2 drivers in 1 teams, I suggest making 2 ganassi teams for example, and get rid of dreyer and reinbold, thats only for the 500.
Idk maybe Andretti Autosport and Andretti Herta? Same but different.
Maybe Target NTT Ganassi racing (ik target is gona but idk dixons sponsor)
And Gallagher [kimballs sponsor] Ganasdi racing.
And Verizon Penske + the other 2.
Hope u get my idea :D.

Yup, description says that fitting liveries for all series are coming soon - 50 liveries don't get made in the blink of an eye. There is even a problem making them fit 100%, that issue is with F1 liveries too. We hope that our custom liveries will fix that to a better amount.

Yeah I'm sorry about that. Is there anything that could be done with the calendar to make it better?
Be constructive - don't just give a thesis, give an idea for a solution ;)

Yeah, there is a file for people who want to play with promotions OFF and several posts in the forums on steam about how to achieve that.

What do others want? GP2, GP3?
If so let me explain. Every Single Seater mod I see on Steam or even a big one here, features GP2 and GP3.
Got no problem with that, the issue just is that we did not want to "copy" all the other mods. We wanted to make something different. The decision was easier after seeing this:
GP2/Formula 2 has 10 teams this year, which is good for fitting into the game, but about 12 drivers are missing.
GP3 features 7 Teams this year, 3 of them are similar to GP2/Formula 2. Not enough for a decent starting grid.
Fair enough, We could merge GP2 and GP3 together into one series. Do people want that?
What to do with the 3rd series of Open Wheelers? European Formula 3? Well 5 Teams with 18 drivers atm.
How to fill that series? What series want people merged into each other? Decisions, decisions. So, we thought about it and came up with the solution, we do something different from any mod, build 2 SingleSeaterSeries with a decent grid, a good base, that nobody has touched before. We even got all these young drivers as free agents.
"Just another GP2/GP3 mod" - We did not want that, there are enough of them (I thought, maybe I'm wrong)
When the patch arrives, that allows us to define the count of Championships by ourselfs, we can put in any series people want. Come up with ideas, if you have some ;)
I'm preparing several Series such as F1, GP2, GP3, Formula 3, Indycar, Indy lights, Nascar sprint, Nascar other thing, WTCC, DTM, Formula E, LMP1,2, BLancpain, ADAC GT Masters, MotoGP/250/125...all together in one game.

If any constructive criticism is like: "WHY ARE YOU NOT MAKING GP2" or "WHO CARES ABOUT INDYCAR" or even "Why is Vandoorne so bad" (he has a decent potential,4,5Stars...I don't know whats wrong with that tbh) or "Why not for mac **sadsmiley**" or a harsh comment of somebody who has white on red swastikas as artworks, well yeah. Cause capslock doesnt seem to me as constructive, just as these examples do, too. If somebody would tell me how to make it work for mac or linux, be my guest, join my teamspeak, please tell me. But don't send me that kind of comments.
And once a "discussion" in the comments is solved, because we support people when they can't run the mod because of already modded files or whatever the issue is, most of the comments get deleted. The essence of the discussion is still intact.

You are not familiar with details? That guy insulted several people (yes he deleted that posts so nobody can see that anymore) and a friend of him threatend users and developers to kill them.
We just wanted to help out with a question, that the user's reaction would be so extreme, we could not forseen.

What exactly do you mean? That you can't choose your "create a team" car? If so, we are deeply sorry for that,
we tried everything, we even came up with a workaround, but we thought it's to complicated for not-experienced users. We hope the devs come up with a solution for that since they pointed out, having different models for each team is a feature.

That is really a good, constructive criticism, we have noticed that as well. We were unsure of how to "pick" future stars. If you have an idea, please let us know. That's why we expanded the career of all drivers to let them drive longer for now.

Dealing with comments and personal friend requests in this time, seems to be very hard, as a personal opinion. Some people just want to thank you, other people are threatening to do "things" if you don't feature a specific driver, team, series, model. Sometimes it's quiet frustrating, that nobody even reads a description or is able to validate game files via steam by him/herself. When people ask about "bugs" that don't have anything to do with the mod, I am deleting comments when I told them, thats not a mod issue, its a game bug. Everybody is demanding you do it their way either they have no idea of how the modding system works. As a result of seeing that comments, I'm working on a FAQ, deeply hoping that somebody will read it. I know, that sounds like I'm a jerk, but somehow, I haven't been able to forseen that change of commenting in the past years. When I modded for GP4/else racing games, I never faced that kind of harsh comments.
I have the option to either read the comments and keep responding to them, or just ignore them. As somebody who really wants to help people with their problems, option two is not really available to me. I know, we have made a mod that works, that has been tested and I want to help people who want to experience it, even if I wonder sometimes how they got steam working (yes, that comment is a jerky one). Just beeing honest.

We worked about 3-4 weeks on this mod. Some might say, too short, some say just right, and others might be shocked that it takes so long. We are doing that in our free time and it was still some fun. The game is very complex with all its values and getting it decent is all we desire.
I know that there are people who are jealous that I'm one of two people who can make custom 3D models work to 99,9% in the game. Well, sorry for that, it even took me a week, some headaches, broken pencils and to smoke like a chimney to figure that out but hey, you might end up with a better solution and nobody really wants to know how to do it, they are just blaming me for beeing able to do it.
We are sure, that we can't hit everybody's taste 100% and we are really sorry, that we are not able to make a perfect version for every user out there, yeah, honestly. We try everything to make it a good mod, a quality mod, nice graphics and we are trying to come up with new ideas - like the new sponsor system. It changes contract lengths, amounts, best places on your car get better deals than others, as a team with maximum marketablity you get the maximum of two Five-Star Sponsors of that some have really demanding challenges. I got 3,4, maybe 5 reactions to that.
I'm getting attacked by demaning posts, do this, do that, it's a difference of how people ask for stuff. Everytime I'm asking people about what they really want, what kind of idea they have about GP2/GP3 not having enough drivers-merging them etc, I get no answer. frustrating really. And yeah, people could say "thats how people are, deal with it" and yeah, as you can see I'm dealing with it, but I am allowed to have an opinion about it and show it.
Instead of attacking with posts, comments, get involved. Open a discussion on the mod-workshop page, add me as a friend in steam, ask a decent question, make a hint. Show that you want to get heard, don't be rude. See the other side. Comments are rushing through, a post is much easier to manage.
It's even no problem if you want to be a part of the people that made that mod, just try to get a member of the team. Help with researching, help with gameplay decisions. I love to add people that want to tell me their ideas, I just had that kind of friend-requests. I listen to people when they are able to talk to me, to discuss with me, to get some ideas, to explain why we do things the way we did. I'm not a bad guy, I just don't want to get attacked by people who don't know what exactly they want from me. We sure will get updates on the mod, but we are waiting for another patch (from our side) until we have enough stuff that deserves to be patched in the mod. I believe people don't like to patch a mod everyday, or every two days. Of course we might have missed a driver or two, things happen, we are just humans. Of course we will fill the vanilla drivers (mostly females) with real ones, people want that. We are working on that. We heard that.
And when dev's introduce the feature to increase part suppliers, we will add the feature to our mod. We got it all prepared to let your cars drive with Porsche, Chevrolet, Ford, Audi engines and everything else.

I'm still not sure with what kind of emphasis this post will be read, but I'm sure somebody will tell me.
Out.
ry

Ok sorry, misunderstood, I suggest that you remove promotions and add lots of young stars as free agents.
Disabling promotions, there is an option for that in the description, as I wrote in the previous post, and more drivers are coming soon.
Ideas about tracks:
Get all the street tracks for FE and just rename them and maybe change the look of the track without changing the layout, cuz the cars will go crazy otherwise.
I can't edit track names just for one championship and we (the modders) are not allowed to change the look of the track. There are 3, 4 street tracks maybe and users should use them 2, 3 times? Sounds boring to me, besides of that it's not possible.
With indycar, get all the ovals and rename them, and change the look of the tracks to make them more unique.
All the Ovals? There is ONE Oval. And I can't duplicate a track and rename it. 16 ovals in one series? Sounds boring to me. Change the look of the tracks? Still not possible dude.
Also I get that you can only have 2 drivers in 1 teams, I suggest making 2 ganassi teams for example, and get rid of dreyer and reinbold, thats only for the 500.
We discussed using two Ganassi teams/andretti/penske, the problem is, we would have two Teams with the same name, same chairman, same principal, same logo. Not a great deal. We would have 6 Teams with double names and for the championship system it would look very ugly. Thats my point of view. Having more Teams like Dreyer and Reinbold is a win to me. Adding sponsors to teamnames is not an option for us, since Sponsors come and go, teams might stay.

What does "ry" mean? And have you read the rest of my post? I'm asking cause you want from me that I'm modding tracks, but in the last post you knew that wasn't possible. Now you state that it's almost easy to make new tracks? "Just change the look". Do you have info on that? Do you know something of modding tracks that I have not heard about yet!?
I'm afraid but that kind of comment without proper knowledge is what I experience everyday and you seem not to have understood my previous post at all.

Disabling promotions, there is an option for that in the description, as I wrote in the previous post.

I can't edit track names just for one championship and we (the modders) are not allowed to change the look of the track. There are 3, 4 street tracks maybe and users should use them 2, 3 times? Sounds boring to me, besides of that it's not possible.

All the Ovals? There is ONE Oval. And I can't duplicate a track and rename it. 16 ovals in one series? Sounds boring to me. Change the look of the tracks? Still not possible dude.

We discussed using two Ganassi teams/andretti/penske, the problem is, we would have two Teams with the same name, same chairman, same principal, same logo. Not a great deal. We would have 6 Teams with double names and for the championship system it would look very ugly. Thats my point of view. Having more Teams like Dreyer and Reinbold is a win to me. Adding sponsors to teamnames is not an option for us, since Sponsors come and go, teams might stay.

What does "ry" mean? And have you read the rest of my post? I'm asking cause you want from me that I'm modding tracks, but in the last post you knew that wasn't possible. Now you state that it's almost easy to make new tracks? "Just change the look". Do you have info on that? Do you know something of modding tracks that I have not heard about yet!?
I'm afraid but that kind of comment without proper knowledge is what I experience everyday and you seem not to have understood my previous post at all.
Lmao wow. Ok if you know better than everybody else then do whatever you want.
Your mod has potential but your arrogance is preventing it from reaching it.

agh...too much to read. :cautious: anyway...long story short: F1,F2,GP3 are perfect match .... Blancpain,WEC on GT department. That is what i would like. Im still bit frustrated with this GT add-on, because im not sure how will this look with all the transfers after 10 seasons.... but OK, its here to stay, i guess. But i wouldnt have so much drivers doing both, if you know what i mean. I would like to split a bit those things, because im scared some Rockenfeller might end up in Formula 2 (aka indycars?), which is completely out of his dutys in real life. I know you dont want to copy other mods... which i understand, but you must know that Enzoli 2016 was close to perfect for long career playing, so... i dont think being different is a +! After all.... 2017 motorsports season is just one, so the mod who can create as much reality as possible will be the winner. I do like that you went and build WEC car. Looks good!:thumbsup:

agh...too much to read. :cautious: anyway...long story short: F1,F2,GP3 are perfect match .... Blancpain,WEC on GT department. That is what i would like. Im still bit frustrated with this GT add-on, because im not sure how will this look with all the transfers after 10 seasons.... but OK, its here to stay, i guess. But i wouldnt have so much drivers doing both, if you know what i mean. I would like to split a bit those things, because im scared some Rockenfeller might end up in Formula 2 (aka indycars?), which is completely out of his dutys in real life. I know you dont want to copy other mods... which i understand, but you must know that Enzoli 2016 was close to perfect for long career playing, so... i dont think being different is a +! After all.... 2017 motorsports season is just one, so the mod who can create as much reality as possible will be the winner. I do like that you went and build WEC car. Looks good!:thumbsup:
Yeah I understand that and thank you for your kind words. Rockenfeller for example will most likely not switch to open wheelers, at least not in our tests, but theres a minimum risk anyway.
I thought that Enzoli will release another mod, so I did not want to "take away" subscribers for him, thats one of the reasons this mod is different to his.

i agree with Dimagico.

here are some idea...
ICE F1 mod with f1,gp2 and gp3.
ICE Indy mod with Indycar,Indy Lights,a american amatuer.
ICE Formula E with 3 series
etc etc..perfect match with all drivers etc.

What about the fact that there are not enough drivers/teams in GP3 and not enough drivers in GP2?

Okay,GP2 has now 10 teams..good? Drivers..hmm adding that from last season or so.
GP3 add few teams/drivers that leaves and join to Euro F3 or whatever...get them back?

a lots talents drivers are in this list
https://www.driverdb.com/future-racing-stars/
very young talent drivers from gocart
https://www.motorsport.com/kart/new...ing-talents-of-2016-859123/?v=2&s=1&q=karting

feel free to do.

Okay,GP2 has now 10 teams..good? Drivers..hmm adding that from last season or so.
GP3 add few teams/drivers that leaves and join to Euro F3 or whatever...get them back?.
Yeah but filling it with unknown drivers, that doesnt seem right to me, and former drivers are most likely in F1, Forumla E or GP2. Quiet hard to make it fit so everybody is pleased with it...and gp3 has some teams same as in gp2

team that leaves because of money problem...adding them? Manor? Lotus? or from 2016/2015 teams?
as i said feel free to do...lucky this is a game that all can do that :) you can do that with feel right ;)

this List from link are not unknown drivers,they all are Talent with a bright future.
a lots players play in 10-20 season so young talent er perfect for a very long game in 10-15 season, better than random fake names from Game.

Adding Manor or Lotus to GP3? But I don't think people will like that? Or will they? I thought people want it realistic?
If I do like I want to, I'd have the same problem as now.
Manor went to WEC ...while Lotus name is still quite fresh from all classes. So, yeah... Lotus to GP3 doesnt sound bad. Esp. if you want to become Colin Chapman one day after 9-10 seasons :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back