• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Ian Hutchinson's BMW S1000RR from TT Isle of Man the Game Revealed

Discussion in 'TT Isle of Man - The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,944
    TT Isle of Man the Game - Ian Hutchinson BMW S1000RR 2.jpg
    The latest bike and rider from TT Isle of Man the Game has been revealed! Offer a warm welcome to the BMW S1000RR of Ian Hutchinson!

Hutchinson is no stranger to the Isle of Man TT road races, having secured an impressive 16 TT wins throughout his successful career. Currently recovering from the after effects of a broken left femur during June's Senior TT event, Hutchinson is nothing if not a tough racer and individual, already planning his return to the legendary event astride his Tyco BMW.

The S1000RR is the fourth bike reveal from TT Isle of Man the Game, coming in alongside the already previewed Michael Dunlop YZF-R6, Ian Lougher run Suter MMX 500 and the Kawasaki ZX-10 RR of Steve Mercer, adding to a diverse mix of 2016 and 2017 riders to have tackled the famous Snaefell Mountain course.

For some additional fun, have a watch of the latest 'Developer Diary' from Bigben Games:

Discuss the game further with your fellow racing fans by visiting the TT Isle Of Man - The Game Forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved in the action!

TT Isle of Man the Game - Ian Hutchinson BMW S1000RR.jpg

Like what you see so far? Looking forward to the new game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Eddy

Eddy
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +145
    I really hope this lives up to some of the hype, it looks promising so far with all these bike reveals that look nicely detailed

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +112
    C'est prometteur. November? Count me in.

4. darkelf1

darkelf1

Ratings:
    +45
    Show my respect.......:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. wombat999

wombat999
    Premium

Ratings:
    +99
    There seems to be an odd mixture of bikes shown so far.
    I'll be interested to see the final package.

6. Helmut Skrdla

Helmut Skrdla
    Premium

Ratings:
    +226
    I really like the idea of a IOMTT game.
    To be honest though, the course is kinda boring. Yes, very high speed, very dangerous. Neither translates well into PC gaming. Nor do the small details (potholes, sewer covers, minor camber changes) of the real track that make it so hard to learn likely feature in a game physics and modelling detail...

7. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    I am the new Colin Mcrae I am Premium

Ratings:
    +3,050
    And most importantly, the only man to win 5 solo premier races in one TT week. Although he does talk like a girl.:D

I can't bloomin wait for this TT simulator. The BMW looks great. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Ratings:
    +3,050
    You are wrong in my opinion. TT Superbikes Legends and TT Superbikes Real Road racing on my PS3 are very suited to PC gaming and trust me they are not boring. When you can do a clear lap of the TT on this BMW S1000RR having learnt all the corners without hitting anything and doing so in helmet view with a lap of 132 mph (17 + minutes) and not be sweating, then you can call it boring. And you will have my respect too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Ratings:
    +3,050
    Odd mixture maybe, but you get all types at the TT. There are a few classes.

10. Helmut Skrdla

Helmut Skrdla
    Premium

Ratings:
    +226
    It might be the fact that I circuit-race a bike in real life... on that favorite circuit of mine, I have 17 corners, a lot of them intertwined, in a (ideally) 2min lap. Getting a good line, compromising on some apexes to perfect exit on others... that's a real job. Very few full-throttle straights there, so 90% of a lap I'm working a corner there - setup entry, apex, exit...next one.

Compared to that circuit, on the game videos so far, there's a lot of straights going to one corner going to another straight. More like Brno Circuit. For sure in real life it takes a proper devil to go 300+ km/h on a country road, brake it down for a hairpin and fire out of it, I just think that twisty circuits give you more action on the PC.

11. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Ratings:
    +3,050
    Good for you but what's that got to do with this?:rolleyes::whistling:
    There isn't a circuit out there that compares to the TT. Well maybe shorter Road races like the Ulster GP and Northwest 200. And circuit riding is far far different to Real Road Racing. Circuit riding/racing being tame and super safe compared and much easier too. But that's despite the point. We are well catered for arcade style circuit racing on two wheels with the Moto Gp series and Piboso's GP bikes and to be honest they are boring.

The TT will be a real Time Trial challenge and to get it right and will take a long time to perfect a 130 mph lap. I definetly see it as far more entertaining than boring old circuit riding. The thrill of a real road race far out shines the sanitised safety of a circuit. Yes there are a few straights but watch an onboard lap of say Michael Dunlop and then say it looks just like straight to corner to straight. It will take you a lot longer to learn this circuit.
    I'd love to compete at the TT or Manx Grand Prix in real life.

Ps Helmut, do you actually race bikes in a series? Kudos if you do. I used to race, now I only do track days on my track bike and occasionally on my GSXR 1000.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    • Love Love x 1
  12. nepal roade

nepal roade

Ratings:
    +4
    when you are that good you can talk how the hell you want. :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +112
    > The game is not exciting because I already ride a real bike.

> Dude, the circuit is amazing, **** your real life, the game is ****ing nuts, you'll be sweating.

• Sad Sad x 1
  14. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Ratings:
    +3,050
    No need for that language. :thumbsdown: How old are you kid?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  15. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +112
    Sorry, I'm used to only speaking to adults.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  16. Reynaldo Luna

Reynaldo Luna

Ratings:
    +1
    There was something that didn't look right. at first I couldn't tell what it was, but then I saw it and realized this happens to most bike sims. It's that the bikes do not vibrate as they go faster and the rider doesn't get thrown around as he brakes or speeds up or turns. It (the bike) should bob up and down as you jump or dip and the rider needs to move with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. pjlee1998

pjlee1998
    Peter Lee Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +172
    Looks promising, but I hope they add privateer teams as well. All good having Tyco BMW and Yamaha but personally I'd love to see the bikes of riders from further down the grid as well, even if its just down to around 20th finisher in each race from TT 2017.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. wombat999

wombat999
    Premium

Ratings:
    +99
    I know there is a very eclectic mix of machinery at the TT, as there is in the Ulster GP and Northwest 200 (for example).
    Having trekked to the IOM from Australia several times I'm interested in all the variations that turn up at these classic events.
    The deal breaker on this sim will be the correct mix of machines, the Superbikes should cover all the brands, not just one or two.
    And Guy Martin's rides are a must have for me!
    FTR, I ride a KTM RC8 most of the time including club events, as well as owning several 'superbikes' that scare me at regular intervals!;)

19. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +346
    For these kind of games you need an actual motorcycle controller with everything: clutch, gears and full movenment including the front going up. Very strong FFB for upcoming high and low siders. I just cant play the game with a joypad or wheel static on the couch

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. fortyfivekev

fortyfivekev
    Premium

Ratings:
    +318
    Couldn't agree more. Playing on a controller just doesn't cut it. The developer has to add so many rider aids to make the controller useable that you completely lose the feel of riding a bike. Our local arcade has a 4 player MotoGP cabinet with sit-on bikes which is great fun even though the game itself isn't very good. Good luck to them but I don't think I will be buying it.