Ian Bell has killed off PRC

Yes it seems the threat of possible legal action against an SMS employee (and thus SMS/Ian Bell too, very ironic;)) has possibly put the nail in that particular coffin. No great loss in the sim world. I used to actually enjoy it for a laugh and some light reading before Austin was bought out with some sweeties and conveniently forgot his scruples and morals even if they came with a massive portions of chips on his shoulder. :rolleyes::whistling:

Last edited:
Yes, interesting how cash changes your POV on FOV. Integrity and credibility mean little to that individual regarding PRC. After a few months of having PRC in the Que of sim racing sites for information I realized it really offered little value and mostly was insulting to me as a fan of ANY sim and the perception that sim racers are lemmings with little or no talent for the sklll they claim to possess. Good residence to you, PRC, I'm happy were I am at.

I think Ian Bell played him, the long game if you will. I very much doubt he will remain a SMS employee for much longer and in the process Ian has killed off PRC.....
He may return with another blog but by that point no one will really care.
He sold out and became the paid shill he used to rally against...

I think Ian Bell played him
If all is true, this does little for SMS as well as it comes across as a bit thin skinned. To take on an employee and sponsor a ride to shut down someone that is critical of not only your product but all your competitors as well, appears that perhaps you agree more than a little in the criticism and perhaps it is beyond a fix.

I agree, for sure had Ian not paid off Austin / James, then i'm certain we would of had months of PCar 2 slating....as it was he simply turned on RF2 / iRacing with even more rage and said nothing about PCars 2....
That Ian was so worried about the quality of PCars 2 product yet again speaks volumes.

I enjoyed PRC before Austin sold out.

Before, I thought coverage was pretty even. Every title recieved the same treatment with Austin, often times pointing out the softwares flaws. Then came the sponsorship and job from SMS and everything changed.

Project Cars 2 reviews became more shine pieces than an honest review where as other titles were nit picked for the slightest flaw. I remember one article where Austin blasted S397 for continuing to support RF2 well past release and even insinuated abandoning your software in a broken state for a new title was better for the consumer. Hell, I stupidly bought Project Cars 2 at release based on the glowing review PRC did, only to find it a broken mess upon boot up. Austin straight up lied to people when he told everyone the SMS sponsorship deal would not affect how games were covered.

I miss the old PRC but I can't say I'll miss it the way it was in its latest form

Hell, I stupidly bought Project Cars 2 at release based on the glowing review PRC did, only to find it a broken mess upon boot up.
It was no secret that he was hired by SMS at the same time he wrote that review of pcars2 on its release, you should have known that if you followed the blog.

I think Ian played him. You dont need to like Ian but you gotta admit that hes a smart business man. Austin thought he was on the same level and now the blog is 'terminated'. Lately it was obvious that it wasnt PRC as we knew it a year ago but it was still fun to read. Im going to miss it.

No loss in my personal opinion. Often read it for amusement but in all honesty some of the blatant misrepresentation of "facts" and down right inaccurate reporting left me cold.

Saying that he's got a national NASCAR ride and massively spec'd out PC for what he "reported" and those who remain impartial got................... errr............... :)

Lets face it chaps, in the history of sellouts, this was the biggest since Julius Cesar's best mate did him.:geek::D

Austin had/has no moral compass. Just a child like thirst for things and money. No doubt he will be dropped like a stone from SMS's employ.

It was no secret that he was hired by SMS at the same time he wrote that review of pcars2 on its release, you should have known that if you followed the blog.

I think Ian played him. You dont need to like Ian but you gotta admit that hes a smart business man. Austin thought he was on the same level and now the blog is 'terminated'. Lately it was obvious that it wasnt PRC as we knew it a year ago but it was still fun to read. Im going to miss it.
Yes I knew he had gotten his SMS sponsorship money and was working for them as a "consultant" but I figured, based on previous posts, he wouldn't outright lie about the game being RF2+. Again, I stupidly bought into it, despite me telling myself to wait till the game had been out for a few months. Shame on me.

No loss in my personal opinion. Often read it for amusement but in all honesty some of the blatant misrepresentation of "facts" and down right inaccurate reporting left me cold.

Saying that he's got a national NASCAR ride and massively spec'd out PC for what he "reported" and those who remain impartial got................... errr............... :)

The racing he does is very red neck though, there's footage on youtube of 9 year old driving the cars and they get 14 15 year old's racing.....
I did agree with Austin about sims making driving seem harder than it is in real life, and i agreed with other stuff about the community and industry...but then he totally sold out so that blew it for me..
I doubt he will stay in the bosom of SMS for much longer now....

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back