F1 2011 i5 2500K: amount of cores and F1 2011?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I bought F1 2011 last weekend. Things run ok so far, but I keep reading about some cpu's, amongst others my i5 2500K, that might not be detected well by the game, making it run on 2 cores instead of 4. Can anyone explain to me how I can check this and correct this...?

I am also asking this because I'd like to give the crowd fix a try ( http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/f12011-1-02-crowd-fix-for-4core.43689/ ) and it's for 4 cores apparently... (( already wondered where the crowd had gone until I found this fix by accident).

BTW Could this core issue be the source of freezes...? F1 2011 for instance always completely locks up my pc in the first corner of Suzuka.

I bought F1 2011 last weekend. Things run ok so far, but I keep reading about some cpu's, amongst others my i5 2500K, that might not be detected well by the game, making it run on 2 cores instead of 4. Can anyone explain to me how I can check this and correct this...?

I am also asking this because I'd like to give the crowd fix a try ( http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/f12011-1-02-crowd-fix-for-4core.43689/ ) and it's for 4 cores apparently... (( already wondered where the crowd had gone until I found this fix by accident).

BTW Could this core issue be the source of freezes...? F1 2011 for instance always completely locks up my pc in the first corner of Suzuka.
The game only see's mine as a 2core (i5 760) you can check this by going to my documents my games f1 2011 open the hardwhere xml in note pad at the top it will say this =
<threadStrategy parallelUpdateRender="true" workerMapFile="system/workerMap2Core.xml" forceFeedbackProcessor="1" dvdStorageProcessor="1" dataSetMonitorProcessor="0" renderProcessor="0" updateProcessor="1" fileStreamProcessor="1" />
</cpu>.
now the only way i can get round this is to go in to the f1 2011 game folder system find the workcoremap2 back it up the open the
workcoremap4 up and copy it all open workcoremap2 delete all the info and then copy the workcoremap4 in it it save as what it says then try game mite help your crashing aswell but not sure i have not had that issue only the wrong workcoremap
hope that helps

The correct way to fix it is this one:

Go to F1 2011 folder->system-> open hardware_settings_restrictions.xml in notepad. There you'll see lines of code for 2 cores, 3 cores, 4 etc. Simpy replace the line for 2 cores with the one for 4 cores.

In your case this line of code
<threadStrategy parallelUpdateRender="true" workerMapFile="system/workerMap2Core.xml" forceFeedbackProcessor="1" dvdStorageProcessor="1" dataSetMonitorProcessor="0" renderProcessor="0" updateProcessor="1" fileStreamProcessor="1" />

will be replaced with this one:

<threadStrategy parallelUpdateRender="true" workerMapFile="system/workerMap4Core.xml" forceFeedbackProcessor="3" dvdStorageProcessor="3" dataSetMonitorProcessor="1" renderProcessor="0" updateProcessor="2" fileStreamProcessor="3" />

Save file and you're good to go.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years