F1 2014 I want to return F1 2014

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Thats very offensive dude. Aids shouldn't be mocked. The game is fine. You're just expecting too much. Really though, how much can you update a racing game besides the car textures and driver affiliations? Hmm? The gameplay has changed and the cars are easier to handle as well as the tire wear is better than 2013. They said next gen graphics will be out next year but its still going to be a racing game. Stop expecting Codemasters to take you to the moon. I'd call you an insulting name but I don't want to get banned from the forum. I love it here. Good day sir.

Thats very offensive dude. Aids shouldn't be mocked. The game is fine. You're just expecting too much. Really though, how much can you update a racing game besides the car textures and driver affiliations? Hmm? The gameplay has changed and the cars are easier to handle as well as the tire wear is better than 2013. They said next gen graphics will be out next year but its still going to be a racing game. Stop expecting Codemasters to take you to the moon. I'd call you an insulting name but I don't want to get banned from the forum. I love it here. Good day sir.

Being an F1 forum, I would assume the OP means driving aids.

So when you have disabled all the aids like traction control, ABS etc. It still feels like you are being helped in some way.

If the OP comes back, maybe we'll find out for sure :)

Last edited:
Game has too many aids...., I thought it would have been a little better, for some reason I think the graphics are a little worse in my opinion. And to monk just because it's code masters doesn't mean they cannot make a game I've bought a lot of there games and tbh this one was a let down.

I can live with the handling, but the AI is still pathetic at overtaking and defending. They literally haven't changed a thing in that department. Copy/paste much. They should have done a better job, it's not debatable. You cant race, and it's supposed to be a racing game lol. The pain, oh the pain. Bring on the mods.

I have not played much. It seems easier than F1 2013 regarding the Very Hard level. I agree that even with all the aids disabled, you feel that the game is helping you. Though, I love it. I like the graphics and the sounds. I would like to have ERS button.

I have not played much. It seems easier than F1 2013 regarding the Very Hard level. I agree that even with all the aids disabled, you feel that the game is helping you. Though, I love it. I like the graphics and the sounds. I would like to have ERS button.
I am sure that I read that in another thread ...... there must be an echo around here ;) :p

I dunno why i even bought this game....in every aspect is worse than the previous title....no speedo in cockpit cam.....rubbish mirrors.....car feels like more downforce than last year on some tracks (isnt this years car supposed to have less)....codies mugged us all off!! They didnt care about this game! Just patched over the previous game...i just hope for their sakes 2015 is a gigantic step up!! Every game has bugs....but seems that always so many with a codies game!!

Both F1 2013 and F1 1014 are complete crap. I've got them both and I'm kicking myself. Reiza offers the best F1 experience at the moment with GSCE.
F1 2014 has useless mirrors, useless AI, ridiculous handling physics, horrible audio, almost un-usable menus, not to mention no mouse support, no ERS.
And, when the driving aids are turned off, they simply aren't off.
I challenge everyone to stop in the middle of the track. Put'er in neutral, turn hard right or left, redline the engine, and then dump the clutch.
You should end up in a cloud of smoke and very tightly overlapping donuts, but what happens in understeer into the wall.... it's the most crap game ever... truly.. complete utter crap.

• Deleted member 161052

I did bought F1 2013 and 2014 just for mods...With the unrealistic cameras (I didn't care about the 2013 ones) that just makes Berniemasters underfinanced :roflmao:

Both F1 2013 and F1 1014 are complete crap. I've got them both and I'm kicking myself. Reiza offers the best F1 experience at the moment with GSCE.
I would disagree with that statement. Reiza offers a good F1 car with great physics and FFB, but it does not offer the F1 experience like Codemasters do. They are completely different types of race sim.

I quite like the CM F1 experience in total. It's fun. F1 2013 was the best, but I quite like F1 2014 too. But I am a serial F1 fan and love anything remotely to do with Formula 1. Hoping that the next version really surpasses all previous efforts though. :)

Last edited:
I would disagree with that statement. Reiza offers a good F1 car with great physics and FFB, but it does not offer the F1 experience like Codemasters do. They are completely different types of race sim.

I quite like the CM F1 experience in total. It's fun. F1 2013 was the best, but I quite like F1 2014 too. But I am a serial F1 fan and love anything remotely to do with Formula 1. Hoping that the next version really surpasses all previous efforts though. :)

I think you cannot put Codemasters' games in the "sim" category. They are more arcade than sim-like. I have rFactor and I play F1 2014 with all assists off, and I'm able to match Real Life times. I have CDTP F1 2006 mod for rFactor, this is a whole different story. 2006 cars are supposed to be easier to drive than 2014 cars, but they aren't, I'm fish tailing all over the place, the understeer is really bad. I cannot correct a corner when I over did it. In F1 2014 I can.

It is a race sim despite what you say. It's just not got the physics you desire. But it simulates all that is F1 better than any other game maker does. You can't deny that. Like I said, it's fun and it's F1. If you don't like it, don't play it.

They are all games.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 252 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 168 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 124 7.5%
  • < 5 years