I want to get a sim racing seat but I don't know what to go for?

Hi all. I've been considering getting a sim racing seat for a while now but I don't know what to go for. I have a G25 and a 21" ViewSonic VX2260WM monitor so I want something that can accomodate those as well as my keyboard and mouse. I've found something which seems good here but there is one drawback and thats the keyboard/mouse stand can't be pulled in to be in front of me. Ideally, I want it so that I can switch to playing an FPS style game or just browse the internet when I'm not sim racing. I was also looking at the seats over at Playseat.com but they don't come with a keyboard/mouse stand, that said however, they're priced much better than the RaceRoom seats. So are there any alternatives to these or at least, can the RaceRoom keyboard/mouse stand be pulled in to the front? Thanks.

Hi Ashley, What wheel do you have mounted to your Obutto? I am ready for a new rig, replacing a 3+ yo Playseats Evo and am still mulling over a couple choices. I really liked the looks of the rSeat but after numerous attempts to contact them I still have not received a reply to my questions. Not very encouraging especially when I'm ready to buy.
I slide my Playseat into a corner of my living room when I'm not playing and I was hoping I could do that with the Obutto/rSeat/?. If not I'm sure I could mount something to allow it to glide easier across the carpet.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies. The Obutto does seem like the best option. There is only one thing I was thinking about though, speakers. Currently, I'm using headphones to play games which is good but I want to see about getting a 5.1 speaker setup so would the Obutto race seat be able to accomodate speakers? That is one of the things I liked about the RaceRoom seat is that you can mount the speakers to be just beside your head and conveniently place the front speakers just in front of the wheel with the subwoofer under the seat.

Upvote 0
Ive got a g25 mounted to it right now. I decided not use the included monitor mounting, there was nothing wrong with it, it just didn't suit my needs at the time.

I don't know about storing it as I have mine set up all the time, since I use it as my every day PC desk and seat but the dimensions are well published on the net so I'm sure you can measure this up and make a decision. I found the guys over at Obutto very helpful so I am sure they will be able to help you out if you have any odd questions needing answering.

Speaker mounting on the Obutto could be a problem, but Ive not really noticed this as I exclusively use headphones since my computer is in a shared space where my other half would not appreciate the noise.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back