F1 2015 I upgraded my graphics card just for F1 2015 and WOW!!

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
First off I am a total F1 gaming addict and have been since 1997 when I played my first F1 game on a PS1. I have owned every official F1 game since then, always following the real season either against AI or online leagues at an expert level. Always upgraded my PC to power the next F1 game that comes along but I always bought midrange graphic cards, never spending more than $150. Most F1 games look good enough for me until F1 2015 came along.

I have an AMD Phenom II X6 w/ 8gigs ddr3. My graphics was an AMD HD 6750 w/ 1gig GDDR5. My F1 2015 looked like crap, terrible motion blur, reflection in the mirror an on the car looked awful. I was getting 18 to 25 FPS on my benchmark. It was also making me slow, I could not keep up at all with AI on expert. The AI also acted weird, my sound sounded weird. So I changed the graphic settings in game, back and forth trying to find a decent setting I could be happy with, turning off motion blur in the config file, But I wasn't happy at all. F1 2015 sucked!! I knew that F1 2015 could look great if I spent the money.
So, I went and spent $260 on an AMD R9 380 w/ 4 gigs of 256bit GDDR and a 750 watt power supply with 4 6pin adaptors
WOW!! What a difference. My graphics now has the power to handle all the high res. graphics F1 2015 is throwing at it. My F1 looks ultra realistic at 60 FPS with everything on Ultra. The motion blur looks amazing, the cars reflections are life like, the mirrors are as clear as my main view. Everything started looked right and acting right like the AI and my lap times.

If you love F1 gaming like me and want the most realistic F1 ever made, do what ever it takes to get the power this game wants and you will be jaw dropped like me. F1 2015 is freaking awesome now, the best F1 ever made in my opinion.

BEFORE---->
1.jpg

AFTER---->
2.jpg

F1 2015 looks "different" than the previous games, mostly improved however some people hate the motion blur and DOF effects. However, there's no question that the lighting and reflections are much improved. Just try racing Singapore.

Now that patch 3 is out, i was hoping to see more positive vibes regarding this game. I find it performs almost exactly the same as 14 with my 680m nvidia. I hoped people who are struggling with fps figured to lower shadow settings because thats the only setting that has a huge hit on fps and CM no doubt made the ultra setting a higher rez this time.
I own this game on PC and xbone and I will say the PC version is supurb in comparison. The tyre temperatures effect on steering on the PC is superb and I find it highly rewarding especially when finishing 100% races. Tyre temperatures don't have the same effect on xbone, its almost exactly the same feel as 14 pc version. I think a lot of people here are blaming the bad steering (ie car not staying straight in straights etc) on settings rather than noticing the supposed issue goes away when all four tyre temps are equal and optimal.

I'm really loving this game, next year's will be better due to next gen teething a thing of the past and the features will come back and surpass. They have done a stack of work which is obviously going unappreciated. Just wish the effing game was mods able!

Last edited:
Yes, I for one hated CM's version of F1 over the years, they were lazy giving us the bare minimum. But F1 2015 is not the same. The new development crew want what I want in a F1 game. I'm glad they didn't pull punches with the graphics. A lot of complaints I'm seeing about this game are from people who don't have the power and they are mad that CM didn't make another dumbed down game that will work on their slow PC. My F1 2015 changed in so many ways when I got the power it needed.

Thanks Jake, Large, and bporion. I was really disappointed that I was getting flamed for posting my honest opinion. I was thinking "is this what RD is like now?" until you last 3 put my faith back in RD. I posted this for true F1 racers/gamers that want the best.
I'm in the conundrum of owning a ps4 but having a g27 and owning an old pc with a qx 9650 and gtx 570.Would need to upgrade my whole pc or buy a whole new wheel for the ps4.

Enjoy your new card mate.Greets from Oz.

P.S. F1 2015 finally has a proper replay system.Hoorah!

Yes, I for one hated CM's version of F1 over the years, they were lazy giving us the bare minimum. But F1 2015 is not the same. The new development crew want what I want in a F1 game. I'm glad they didn't pull punches with the graphics. A lot of complaints I'm seeing about this game are from people who don't have the power and they are mad that CM didn't make another dumbed down game that will work on their slow PC. My F1 2015 changed in so many ways when I got the power it needed.

I'm playing at 1080p/144hz with an OC'd 980Ti Hybrid card, I have the power. Yes I'm mad that the game runs fine for me at 120fps but still stutters randomly regardless of Gsync or Vsync on or off. I was fine with the graphics of 2014, which plays smooth as butter. Give me those graphics with the gameplay of 2015 and I'd be happy. GP4 running at 60fps is smoother than F1 2015 is for me, which is pathetic. That said, I do really enjoy the gameplay. I'll try the latest SweetFX 2.0 tonight and hope that it makes things look a bit better.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back