I tried rFactor again, this time successfully.

Hello,

I paused a few years with SIM racing, primarily with LFS...

Many times I tried to connect to this SIM, unsuccessfully. It was many years ago...

Now I found the right mods/plugins.
I really enjoyed past 2 days with this mods (default car setups):

Mod: DRM REVIVAL v2.0b
Mod: Historic GT & Touring Cars v1.96 by HistorX
Track: Laguna Seca v1.20 by Com8

rF have advanced the FFB and steering from the time when I tried this simulation. I have no objections for these two mods, especially for HistorX.

btw, rF works great on my old computer: Intel CPU E7200 + nVidia GPU 9600 GT, with MOMO Racing FFB.

Regards,
nesrulz

Last edited:
New great mod for me: Formula 1 1994 LE 1.3 and Trackpack 1.2 by F1-Sim-Racer. The sound is fantastic.

This reminded me of the GP2 (this time with Senna), my first real SIM. I even had a localized fan website dedicated to Grand Prix 2.

Last edited:
i tried it several times and at several moments it didn't work. Tried it again three days ago. This time it didn't work with getting it licensed. Sorry for the inconvenience. I am not going to ruin an rFactor install again. Because even when i installed an rFactor light version next to it, the old rF1 install got corrupted also.

Just as a reference are you using the C drive of windows, program files (x86) folder to install your game into.
As we have a diver who is alo having issues with this with Windows 10, after never having issues with win 7 using the same folders.

Are you on W10 Erwin?
I had a nightmare installing the mod last night and a friend had problems with his install.
In the end I had to remove all trace of rF1 from my PC and it installed first time.
It occured to me just after I got it working, that it's always worth making a new profile in game. That sometimes stops it crashing.

I must admit i only use the steam versions of GTL and rfactor,
just been playing around with it, to see what works and ive yet not to install and run.
5 copies later
I even Installed HistorX into a clean blank folder,(no rfactor in there) all by itself. then copied the whole lot across to a copy of rfactor taken from steam and it fired up ok.

its a real mystery why some are having issues, for example i know Denis knows what he is doing and jack is more than competent at following the instructions for example..

GLT only has to be installed you don't even have to make a profile in game on the steam version. its not even been run on my new install of win10 x64
The same goes for rfactor, the steam version has never even been fired up and a profile made.
All ive done is ever taken copies from them, i class them as my master/vanilla copies of each sim.

maybe i could zip up the unpacked install of HistoX from my blank folder :whistling: its only 6 gig zipped

I took a copy last night. Maybe i should zip it and save it to a memory stick. Good idea Rupe.

EDIT: Stig made a vid, but he doesn't follow the manual, so I was worried that it'd muddy the waters.

Mod edit..
we do not allow things like that, the mod requires you have GT legends..
we don't do workarounds..
We have a good relationship with the HistorX guys and would not want to spoil this :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back