1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

I think I already know the answer but...

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Keith Joyce, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Keith Joyce

Keith Joyce
    Stercus accidit Premium Member

...is anyone running SCE with an Xbox 360 controller?

After extensive fiddling with the controller options I have come to the conclusion that this title is unplayable to any meaningful degree with this hardware. I think you'd need a 12" extension on the left analog stick to be able to tame the 'digital' steering. I was hard-pushed to get the little cart out of the pit lane!

So I won't be buying until either:
    a) I pony up for a DF GT wheel :whistling:
    b) SCE gets even cheaper ;)

I guess that means you lot won't have the pleasure of negotiating your way around this n00b for a while... :cool:

2. Obviously, only a decision you can make with your 'hard-earned' money. :) Used to play a lot and had fun with the controller until I decided to get my first wheel (DFGT, now G27), w/c I wished I would have done much earlier.

3. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

Actually, as far as I know the only cars that really don't work with a controller are exactly the karts. Have you tried other cars?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium Member

I play SCE and the beta with a X360 controller and I can run pretty decent laps. In fact, I won a multiplayer race against 9 other human drivers while using my controller. You just need to tinker with the settings until you find that sweet spot. If you want, I can send you my saved controller profile and you can try it. Its pretty sensitive though.

However, like Fabio stated, the karts are a different story. You cannot stop the oversteer, regardless of settings you adjust.

• Beer Beer x 1
  5. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I don't think Karts work very well with a wheel either !

Feels terrible IMHO !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  6. Keith Joyce

Keith Joyce

That would be great BoogerMac - I hate to give up on stuff!

7. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

When i bought Assetto Corsa i also bought a wheel.
    It's quite a difference if you want to drive in arcade racers or if you want to drive in a sim.

Like in arcade racers you will not get a proper high detailed physics model,
    in sims you only get semi decent gamepad support.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Keith Joyce

Keith Joyce

I'm not interested in arcade games, so a wheel is on the wish list

9. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues

Karts have very different FFB from regular cars, and they do feel a bit weird with the smaller rotation and the way they bump along the ground. You can increase the smoothness in the realfeel to lessen that effect (I do that, otherwise my G27 rattles way too much).

In any case, even if you don't like the karts, we'll always have the Superkarts! It's impossible to not like them :)

10. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

It's the Superkarts I don't like :roflmao:

11. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues

What?... uh... how? I mean... er... oh well :)

12. hex

hex

(mod edit - no need for this kind of joke, even though I know it was meant in good fun)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015