F1 2010 I see users driving already

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Quite looking forward to giving it a blast, not sure why other steam users get it 3 days before me but what can i do. A lot of people i've heard moaning about "Securom", not sure what exactly it does that everybody hates.

Down to the point, what are the physics like. I've heard an endless arguement about Arcade/Simulation, and i heard an endless ammount of praising of the Rfactor F1 mods (from myself too) until ferrari academy came out, which is completely different. Lets be honest, most of us have no idea what is an accurate sim. We just like to brand things to make ourselves feel special.

Im pretty sure this will be a great game, i loved GRID (even though i dont like the physics, it was fun and i played it until complete) and Dirt 2 was fantastic (even tho i only played it for 3 hours, with a gamepad).

Waiting another 3 days is just gonna drive me nuts.

Supposedly on sale in 18hrs in Oz, but I need confirmation from a PC simmer that the steering{and even the pedals} work properly.

My logitech wheel and pedals work fine, so does TrackIR if anyone uses that.

*Edit ~ This is from the readme:

F1 2010 can be configured to use almost any PC controller, however we recommend the following controllers for the best game play experience:

Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
Logitech Rumblepad 2
Logitech dual Action
Dual Trigger 3-In-1
Thrustmaster Firestorm Dual Analog 3 (ensure official Thrustmaster drivers are installed)
Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel with Force Feedback
Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel
Logitech G25 Wheel
Logitech G27 Wheel
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Logitech MOMO Wheel
Logitech MOMO Force
Fanatec Porsche Wheel
Thrustmaster F430 Force Feedback
F1 2010 provides default configurations for all of the above, meaning that you should be able to plug-and-play, with no tweaking required.

For some wheels (e.g. Logitech MOMO, Fanatec Porche) it is important that the pedals are on separate, rather than combined axes. From the Windows Control Panel, choose 'Controllers' and click 'Properties' for the wheel you will be using. Click 'Settings' and ensure that the 'Combined' or 'Single Axis' setting is unticked.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 262 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 173 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 171 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 232 13.6%