i-racing way too hard work for me

Got started with this over the weekend signed up for a month promo $5, but just seems like too much hard work !

Always wanted to try it but was unsure about the rookies, read lots of posts about the wreckers and there all true. I am a safe and steady driver so never gonna make the podiums, but have a passion for sim racing but i-racing could kill it for me. The rating system is a big flaw I started with practice and time trails to get some experience before racing gained a few points, only to kicked back down when I went on track the which is unfair I was mostly rear ended or having avoid spin outs in front of me sending me off.

This is a shame on paper it works the sim looks good nice tracks and car detail, it's costs you a lot of time as you write off 50% of racing due to d***k heads and you have to pay for this ! :mad:

The only way I would commit would be to get into a league long term, but getting out of the rookies and up the licence rank is like running on quick sand :(. So will do the month that will be it for me, I see now why they have unless promos a lot of people must give due to costs and rating system :rolleyes:

Rant over :thumbsdown:

I think there should a driving test system or the rookies racing AI before there are allowed on a live session, it make them think about their driving more. The iRacing subscription model will keep you hooked and be paying out $$$$ as your rating will get knocked back down, the only way i see is to be racing 24/7 to stay on top.

Stefan And yeah, I HATE the rating systems, it's so unfair and makes me angry at times + 1

over the long run, the rating system is the best system for open servers, which of course iRating servers are. once you get up to C (and yes, try to do it as quickly as possible by always running 2 secs down to the last chap on lead-lap, don't ever race) the behaviour improves dramatically. and nothing so far can beat the availability of decent grids with guys your strength from 16.00 to 04.00 in the morning.
however, nothing can beat the community in a league, whatever sim you play, but it means you are bound to certain dates, which for many is difficult what with juggling job, family, hobbies and a bit of sim-playing.

It took me 2 weeks to get out of rookie. Then again, it was my first sim racing experience, and it was mostly my fault (going offtrack, hitting the walls, spinning, etc).

The safety rating works on the long run, although there will be instances where you'll feel it's unfair. But there's a rule in iRacing: Get out of rookie asap.

Start from the pits. Take it easy and stay away from everyone. Since you already have experience simracing, you won't learn anything by trying to race people in the rookie series. It's like riding a bike, every car is trying to murder you so don't give them the chance.

It will be boring, but it gets better later. You'll still see some bad behaviour on track every now and then, but it's far from common.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%