• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

I need to fill some screens.....

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by snyperal, Jul 24, 2015.

1. snyperal

snyperal
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    Hi there, I used to game with 2 screens, one for gaming, one for browsing or whatever, recently ive been racing more and more, and have been using http://www.simracing-tools.de/simtools/ for lap times, sector times, etc.

However in my eagerness to make my experience that bit more fullfilling, i bought a 27" 144hz screen. this leaves me with a spare 22" 1080 and a 22" 1680x1050. obviously i am not going for the tri screen setup, I was mightily tempted, but the cost and gpu performance issues were the deciding factor. from 22 to 27 this screen seems huge anyway, so i think i chose wisely. However, I dont know what to do with my 1680 screen. I also happen to have a spare computer with a decent-ish chip sitting in it unused.

Is there anything else i am missing that would enhance my experience? I've also got dash meter pro for ac/pcars but thats running on a tiny smartphone, unfortunately i couldnt get it to work on my kindle... bloody amazon!

So any suggestions for this extra screen? or should i bin it and add to my carbon fingerprint?

Cheers in advance. Al

2. MoodyB

MoodyB

Ratings:
    +6
    What is your pc specs? Mainly cpu & gfx card?

Reason I'm asking is that Assetto Corsa can be made to run over 3 screens of different sizes. Takes a little bit of tweaking, but it's worth it when it is set up.

Plus if you played any DirectX 9 based sims you could also use SoftTH to run the game over your 3 screens.