DiRT Rally I need a few pointers

k_badam

Yer Nan
So, i bought Dirt Rally in the steam sales as it was so cheap and well, i am not the most experienced rally driver and i was wondering if anyone had any tips. I would also like a bit of help setting up my FFB for the G27.

also, there is a recent thread here about someone trying to run dirt rally with the g27. i play it with g27 and it works just fine, just from time to time it forgets the button mappings, but since you can do that at the start of a stage without leaving the game, that#s not really a problem.

So, i bought Dirt Rally in the steam sales as it was so cheap and well, i am not the most experienced rally driver and i was wondering if anyone had any tips. I would also like a bit of help setting up my FFB for the G27.

Hey Adam. I found some good FFB settings in the Steam workshop for my T500 wheel. Like Tobias said, there may be some good ones in there for the G27 as well. As far as tips, well I'm not sure there is any one single thing that will help you out, but as for me I found that improving my times came down to balancing the difference between track knowledge and listening to my co driver. For example, I can attack Sweet Lamb Long because I know that course start to finish. As for other courses I have to really listen to what the co driver is saying. In the past I've had a real problem with going full attack mode on everything and it would usually end with missing tires or 15 second penalties. What worked for me was to be patient and try to use the notes to my advantage. It felt slower at first but I soon realized that I was beating my previous times. I am certainly not a pro, but these couple of things really made a difference until I learned the tracks better. Take care, Jeff

Hi Adam. I also use a G27 and have spent a fair bit of time trying various FFB settings. Of all the profiles I tried from the workshop, the best feeling for me was called "FFB G25/G27 by Real rally Driver - LAR555". (You can search that in Steam.) There are also a couple of mods here on RD which tweak the actual FFB files in an attempt to enhance the feel.

I'm currently using Impact Force Feedback 7.0 but with my own in-game settings. Feels good to me, but it's all personal preference. :)

As for tips, I think Up2Late hit it on the head. Take it easy, listen to your co-driver, and don't try to go too fast. Sometimes it will feel "slow", but you'll end up with better times than if you're hammering into every corner at 90mph. Practice, practice, practice. ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 247 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 163 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%