i need 1 single little button to glue it on the back of my wheel

hi guys please help me with this

i have been playing dirt 3 since its release and i was using automatic
shifting, but lately i am trying manual sequencial shifting.

the problem is that i used the shifting button on the back of my wheel as my e-brake because its very easy to reach ....now that i want to shift manually i cant get used to e-brake on one of the wheel buttons so i want to add a button to my wheel near to the shifter button

do you have any idea how to do it?..

i dont care if its an independent usb button ill just glue it on the back of the wheel...i have an old logitech nascar racing wheel but rather than moding my wheel i am thinking more of an independent button that i could glue in the back of the wheel (with an independent usb plug) although if it is not posible to do it and the only way to do it
is modifying my wheel then i'll take the risk

i was thinking i could modify a keyboard i have but i dont have any idea how to do it this is the keboard pcb i uploaded it in a rar file because i think im not able to upload pictures...
View attachment kb pcb.rar
thanks in advance

Hmm, you can ofcourse make this work, but i am afraid that it will not be easy, and especially not be as easy to install. Buttons are not as flat as you think they are, and simply gluing one on is going to provide a challenge. If i recall the wheel correctly it does not have much space next to the paddle shifters for anything. I think you would be easier of to drop the handbrake option on the steeringwheel, and make some sort of button on the floor next to your Brake and Gas. Before i had a handbrake, i used the clutch pedal, which absolutly works like a charm. Making something to press with your foot gives you alot more room, and keeps the steeringwheel looking nice :)

Upvote 0
The easiest solution unfortunately is going to be to mod your existing wheel. Lacking the desire to do that, your best bet is going to be the use of something like one of Leo Bodnar's button boards. I can't remember model numbers, but he has several that you could purchase that would do the trick, especially since you are only talking about single button. The problem is going to be trying to get a button that is going to be small enough to do the trick but large enough that you can find it easily and be able to use it reliably.

Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 108 90.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 17.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 20 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 35 29.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 46 38.3%