1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

I miss my Mini Fridays

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Damo, May 21, 2015.

1. Damo

Damo
    Premium Member

As per the title , :0(

Damo :0(

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium Member

I tell ya, after driving GSCE a bit, the Touring cars are veeeery nice and much better at close racing than any of the Race07's. Physics, car design and setup all make for a much more realistic[IMO] driving experience than R07. Not saying the other classes are any different, but the Touring cars{WTCC style] are run very often.

Haven't driven the Mini yet, hehehe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. What Dennis said :thumbsup:

GSCE is great, if you haven't already, give it a try.

4. John Grant

John Grant
    Dont Rub me up the wrong way Premium Member

i miss the companionship, not the cars, there a much better races on AC as-well as Pcars. GSCE is great but why stick with older games if u can play the new

5. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

:( I can't play the new with my 2009 based PC :coffee:

6. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

Much better graphics and better track quality (in AC, as they're laserscanned) - yes. Much better races? Now, that's up to the drivers, isn't it?

Compared to Stock Car Extreme (which I wouldn't count as an "old" game exactly, being released in 2013), neither AC nor pCARS offer the same amount of "completion" at the moment IMHO. AC is having multiplayer and AI issues, plus weather and day/night cycle are missing. In pCARS, so many (smallish) things are broken (crash physics, damage model, autopit, some sound effects, various settings auto-resetting), others are outright annoying (FFB setup) and the AI's just not fun - on one track, you'd destroy them, on the next one they have crazy grip through tight corners (Renault Clio Cup in Career Mode).
    I hope (and kind of believe) those things will be fixed over time, but at the moment, I'm hopping into AC for hotlapping while I haven't touched pCARS in about a week as it just isn't that much fun in its current state. As for actual multiplayer racing, Race 07 & Stock Car Extreme it is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. John Grant

John Grant
    Dont Rub me up the wrong way Premium Member

Hey Dennis, come on , im sure its time to step it up a bit. Its not that costly and i am sure u will experience the benefits of an upgrade, even while playing GSCE.
    Anyway is good to know all friends are still around, maybe its time we arrange a get together on TS, Race07 and have a chat and some gossip. Ivan and myself seem to be the only ones that is on TS - Race07 every night, why don't u guys pop in and have a chat, lol maybe we are to old and boring.
    See all of u around
    Cheers

• Love Love x 1
  8. Damo

Damo
    Premium Member

Tried the one race on GSCE and wasnt really that impresses tbh . Might give it another go in the future .

Cheers

Damo

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Miss it as well. Would be fun.

10. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

I uninstalled R07 pretty much when RD stopped hosting R07 events. But I do miss the events. I also miss the WTCC/STCC/GT cars. I was never a fan of the Minis or the open wheelers, but occasionally they were fun to drive. I only play GTR2 now. Only due to mods thou.

I might get GSCE in the future, but since it's based on the R07 engine (I think) it feels little strange to get a slight updated game so to speak.

11. Björn

Björn
    Ävver et Hätz bliev he in Kölle

There's both a 60 minute full trial & a lite version with 30 days to try available over here. Also, this free game by the same guys featuring some really nice touring cars which are now in the main game as well, providing insanely fun & close races over at the SCE club. I reckon these should be some good ways of finding out whether it's just a slightly updated game (spoiler: it's not ;))

• Beer Beer x 1
  12. H34d5h07

H34d5h07
    No money, no team racing.

@Björn

Cheers for the info. I gonna have to try them out, because lets be honest here.
    I must have my racing fix!

13. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

What I've noticed about GSCE:
    Setups are less important, sometimes less to chose from but never much needed for a good drive.
    That said, you can sent setups, in game during the event!
    More footwork needed but creates a great driving experience.
    Huge difference in the number of shunts, as in fewer! Close driving, bumps happen, often without cars spinning off.
    Great CLOSE racing!

The also ran's:
    While track detail might not be AC or PCars, the detail and rendering of the opponent cars is much nicer than Race 07.
    Modded tracks outnumber the mostly Brazilian courses!

14. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Reik Major just posted a GSCE lap at one of our fav Race 07 tracks. He has track detail turned down but you can see the cars are just a bit slower than the R07's.

• Like Like x 1
  15. We seem to have same pace, on and off-track then ;) Probably going to get better hardware soon, then i may join the AC clubs. It all depends, i'm now in indie field, i play all day so interest in additional gaming is not great.. Uninstalled race07 two weeks ago, just couldn't bare to delete it all.. I even got the missing DLCs in the end :). Needed the HDD space so it had to go. But i'm working on one game concept that uses wheel and pedals so at least those are now screwed in place.

We all miss mini fridays. Even thou i always felt it would've been better with 2 x 40min races ;)