I just wanted to scream....

.... from the top of a mountain to the entire world, that I have just tried RBR, and I am so in love!!!!

But I don't have a mountain, just a forum and a few people who may read it. But still. RBR is bloody amazing for a Rally sim created well over a decade ago.

Really wish I had gotten hold of it sooner

Last edited:
.... from the top of a mountain to the entire world, that I have just tried RBR, and I am so in love!!!!

But I don't have a mountain, just a forum and a few people who made read it. But still. RBR is bloody amazing for a Rally sim created well over a decade ago.

Really wish I had gotten hold of it sooner

Yes it's still one of the best Rally sims ever, if not the best. I love it. Even better with the RBR 2016 full mod. http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...es-on-with-new-rbr-2016-free-download.129500/
WoVhT7b.png

blwAh9c.png

1o0ZYfa.png

Last edited:
This RBR 2016 mod really makes RBR better for me and I would suggest it probably would have for a lot of new comers to RBR. The Vanilla game is renowned for being quite hard to master. This mod changes the cars and the physics to make it easier (slightly, you still need to learn how to handle a rally car). It is a pity that the guy (workerbee) that got this mod deleted couldn't have released it himself in my opinion.
The story is that the guy who made this mod nicked the physics bits from workerbee's NGP plugin. But the way I see it is that this game is basically freeware these days with no company claiming the rights as far as I know and that workerbee modded the physics of the original and then this guy came along and modded the modded bits and included them in a stand alone mod. Workerbee claims that this mod has ruined the physics but I think it has made them more user friendly and extremely good to throw around.

Anyway it seems that this mod is not available anywhere and that is a shame as it would get more people playing it in my opinion. Those who don't want to mess about with the long winded set up process of the other big mod and those who can't actually find and buy the original sim.

But all this is just my humble opinion.:):thumbsup:

But lately SLRE is getting my attention. The physics of this underated sim are quite similar to RBR and I love it.
LFFNRzE.png

iA0MCJg.png

Last edited:
This RBR 2016 mod really makes RBR better for me and I would suggest it probably would have for a lot of new comers to RBR. The Vanilla game is renowned for being quite hard to master. This mod changes the cars and the physics to make it easier (slightly, you still need to learn how to handle a rally car). It is a pity that the guy (workerbee) that got this mod deleted couldn't have released it himself in my opinion.
The story is that the guy who made this mod nicked the physics bits from workerbee's NGP plugin. But the way I see it is that this game is basically freeware these days with no company claiming the rights as far as I know and that workerbee modded the physics of the original and then this guy came along and modded the modded bits and included them in a stand alone mod. Workerbee claims that this mod has ruined the physics but I think it has made them more user friendly and extremely good to throw around.

Anyway it seems that this mod is not available anywhere and that is a shame as it would get more people playing it in my opinion. Those who don't want to mess about with the long winded set up process of the other big mod and those who can't actually find and buy the original sim.

But all this is just my humble opinion.:):thumbsup:

But lately SLRE is getting my attention. The physics of this underated sim are quite similar to RBR and I love it.
LFFNRzE.png

iA0MCJg.png
That is a shame. I mean, I loved Dirt Rally but this tops it with the way the car feels. Bit like loving AC but preferring rF2 or AMS handling in a way.
I'm keen to try SLRE so may see if I can bag it on the black Friday sales! Thanks for the info on RBR and for the recommendation. :thumbsup:

That is a shame. I mean, I loved Dirt Rally but this tops it with the way the car feels. Bit like loving AC but preferring rF2 or AMS handling in a way.
I'm keen to try SLRE so may see if I can bag it on the black Friday sales! Thanks for the info on RBR and for the recommendation. :thumbsup:

I purchased SLRE two weeks ago on cdkeys for £4 odd. Cheap as chips.:thumbsup:

Wow. Almost criminal not to give it a go...

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/sebastien-loeb-rally-evo-pc-steam-cd-key

You might need a plugin to enable your pedals but maybe not. http://www.tocaedit.com/2016/03/sebastien-loeb-rally-evo-rfpe-plugin.html

I use a TM T500RS and I really like the FFB but others say they don't. Anyway for such little money I thought I'd give it a go and I was pleasantly suprised. But I am not one who likes to grind to get cars unlocked or purchased so I use a little mod that solves that problem.;)
MwW94Iv.png

jNrrnKA.png

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back