I just want to race.

Hey all.
Been playing Assetto Corsa for about a week or so now, loving it. Been driving a lot of open wheels and so far it's awesome.
ANYWAY.
The online system is completely broken. Well, it's not so much that it's broken, rather that it is so barebones that it doesn't work how it should. There needs to be a reward system as well as a penalty system, but that's for another discussion. Races aren't races. Random lobbys are full of idiots who either get pleasure out of ramming people, or genuinely can't drive. I myself am not fast (yet :D) but it drives me insane. All i want to do is have a nice clean race with people who are of a similar mindset. Seems like nobody like that exists. I know here on RD we have leagues and stuff (which I'm trying to join) but would it take that much effort to have some sort of casual group that races properly? If one exists I'd like to join...
If anyone wants to have some nice races let me know. Regardless of skill level, doesn't matter. I'd rather get thrashed by someone 5 seconds a lap faster than me and play fair.
Cheers for reading

Hey all.
Been playing Assetto Corsa for about a week or so now, loving it. Been driving a lot of open wheels and so far it's awesome.
ANYWAY.
The online system is completely broken. Well, it's not so much that it's broken, rather that it is so barebones that it doesn't work how it should. There needs to be a reward system as well as a penalty system, but that's for another discussion. Races aren't races. Random lobbys are full of idiots who either get pleasure out of ramming people, or genuinely can't drive. I myself am not fast (yet :D) but it drives me insane. All i want to do is have a nice clean race with people who are of a similar mindset. Seems like nobody like that exists. I know here on RD we have leagues and stuff (which I'm trying to join) but would it take that much effort to have some sort of casual group that races properly? If one exists I'd like to join...
If anyone wants to have some nice races let me know. Regardless of skill level, doesn't matter. I'd rather get thrashed by someone 5 seconds a lap faster than me and play fair.
Cheers for reading
The racing club is what you're looking for. Just apply for a license. :) See you on track.

Hey all.
ANYWAY.
Cheers for reading

The racing club is indeed what you want and need, you will also find players of all skills levels you can compete with. However right now the license system is closed, but there will be an announcement soon on how to race in the future :). Just keep your eye on it, it seems all you want is there!

I got my license a couple of days ago, sounds like I did it at the right time :)
The Racing Club looks great, although there isn't much going on in the way of events right now, and a couple of the ones in the near future just got cancelled :S any reason why? Not enough participants?

I got my license a couple of days ago, sounds like I did it at the right time :)
The Racing Club looks great, although there isn't much going on in the way of events right now, and a couple of the ones in the near future just got cancelled :S any reason why? Not enough participants?

There will be more up soon, don't worry, some of us had some busy schedules in the holidays.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.4%