• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just got Race 07... now what?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by nyrmetros, Dec 31, 2009.

1. nyrmetros

nyrmetros

Ratings:
    +1
    Ok so I recently bought Race 07 at Gamestop for $10. I have figured out how to install addon tracks (4 gigs) and car skins, but I can not figure out how to install addon cars? Any suggestions? thanx!

2. Gaëtan Legastelois

Gaëtan Legastelois

Ratings:
    +50
    You're on steam or not ?
    Normaly they are a read me with MOD (Because files to add depends on the mods).
    With steam most mods add files in "Steam \ SteamApps \ *Your login steam* \ race 07 \" GameData and UIData.

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros

Ratings:
    +1

Yea I am on Steam

4. nyrmetros

nyrmetros

Ratings:
    +1
    So what are the addon cars for Race 07? Almost everything I see is for Evo or On.

5. Rhys Gardiner

Rhys Gardiner

Ratings:
    +767
    They will work for any of the games... it doesn't matter which one you have, the latest Steam patches allowed the games to be inter-compatible. :)

6. nyrmetros

nyrmetros

Ratings:
    +1
    For example I tried downloading an addon Corvette but I can't find it when I load the game. any ideas?

7. Bram

Bram
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,176
    Think you've downloaded a carskin :) And then you need to have the Corvette in your game by buying GTR Evolution expansion. A few bucks and its yours

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros

Ratings:
    +1
    Yea, so that was my question. Being that I don't have the expansion packs YET, what car addons work with Race 07 ? lol

9. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Look through your car select menu and you will see the cars you have on offer.

Actual modifications such Porche Mobil 1 Supercup should work with RACE as they are standalone mods. Skins are simply new liveries for existing cars in the game.

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros

Ratings:
    +1
    ok I guess I will give the Porsche mod a shot. Does the mod replace anything in the game or just ad the new cars?

11. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Should just add new cars. The ReadMe for each mod will let you know any details.

12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros

Ratings:
    +1

So I just downloaded the Porsche Mobil 1 SuperCup for GTR Evolution
    I placed the folder in my C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\xxxxxxxx\race 07\Porsche Mobil 1 SuperCup for GTR Evolution

but nothing shows up for porsche. any ideas?

13. nyrmetros

nyrmetros

Ratings:
    +1
    Nevermind. I figured out that the folder had other folders and files that needed to be moced to the proper places. Now everything works! awesome!

14. nyrmetros

nyrmetros

Ratings:
    +1
    So what are the most popular/best mods for race 07 ??

15. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    There aren't that many and you'll learn more by figuring that out for yourself. Our download section is a good place to start.