1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

I just got Race 07... now what?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by nyrmetros, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Ok so I recently bought Race 07 at Gamestop for $10. I have figured out how to install addon tracks (4 gigs) and car skins, but I can not figure out how to install addon cars? Any suggestions? thanx!

2. You're on steam or not ?
    Normaly they are a read me with MOD (Because files to add depends on the mods).
    With steam most mods add files in "Steam \ SteamApps \ *Your login steam* \ race 07 \" GameData and UIData.

3. Yea I am on Steam

4. So what are the addon cars for Race 07? Almost everything I see is for Evo or On.

5. They will work for any of the games... it doesn't matter which one you have, the latest Steam patches allowed the games to be inter-compatible. :)

6. For example I tried downloading an addon Corvette but I can't find it when I load the game. any ideas?

7. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Think you've downloaded a carskin :) And then you need to have the Corvette in your game by buying GTR Evolution expansion. A few bucks and its yours

8. Yea, so that was my question. Being that I don't have the expansion packs YET, what car addons work with Race 07 ? lol

9. Look through your car select menu and you will see the cars you have on offer.

Actual modifications such Porche Mobil 1 Supercup should work with RACE as they are standalone mods. Skins are simply new liveries for existing cars in the game.

10. ok I guess I will give the Porsche mod a shot. Does the mod replace anything in the game or just ad the new cars?

11. Should just add new cars. The ReadMe for each mod will let you know any details.

12. So I just downloaded the Porsche Mobil 1 SuperCup for GTR Evolution
    I placed the folder in my C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\xxxxxxxx\race 07\Porsche Mobil 1 SuperCup for GTR Evolution

but nothing shows up for porsche. any ideas?

13. Nevermind. I figured out that the folder had other folders and files that needed to be moced to the proper places. Now everything works! awesome!

14. So what are the most popular/best mods for race 07 ??

15. There aren't that many and you'll learn more by figuring that out for yourself. Our download section is a good place to start.