• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

I have to reset my control settings every single time I start DR !

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Tobbe Bergman, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    Banned

Ratings:
    +106
    Since yesterday I have to reconfigure my control settings every single time I start DR.
    I have to map all the buttons on my wheel and pedals too.

I had this problem with DR before but it somehow fixed itself ?

When everything is adjusted I go and save the setup but next time there are no setups to load because DR thinks I am using a keyboard.

I have un writeprotect all the folders related to DR ( both install folders and my documents folders )

This is very frustrating and I appreciate any help !

THANK YOU

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
  2. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,231
    Use yout wheel from the start of the game. It tends to do this if you start using keyboars in menu.

3. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    Banned

Ratings:
    +106
    Not sure what you mean but I am using my wheel from the start and that is how I know it is not working when I press the buttons on the wheel.

I had this exact problem with DR before and I haven't got a clue how it solved itself because I sure didn't do it :confused:

Another annoying thing is that sometimes DR start at the wrong resolution and not in full-screen mode so I have to change that also. :confused:

4. Andrew

Andrew
    I'm not lazy, I'm just very relaxed. Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,772
  5. Tony Rickard

Tony Rickard

Ratings:
    +5
    If you remap the pause button then there is a bug where you have to reset the controls every time. If you leave pause as default it should save the controls.

6. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,231
    Don't click anything on your pc from you click "play" in steam and until the game starts. If you do. It will start windowed.

7. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    Banned

Ratings:
    +106
    Is that a confirmed bug by Codies ?

8. Tony Rickard

Tony Rickard

Ratings:
    +5
    I can't recall where I found it but it certainly fixed it for me

9. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    Banned

Ratings:
    +106
    Strangely it worked when I got home and I haven't done anything different :confused::confused::confused:

This is making me nervous !