1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

I have to reset my control settings every single time I start DR !

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Tobbe Bergman, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Since yesterday I have to reconfigure my control settings every single time I start DR.
    I have to map all the buttons on my wheel and pedals too.

I had this problem with DR before but it somehow fixed itself ?

When everything is adjusted I go and save the setup but next time there are no setups to load because DR thinks I am using a keyboard.

I have un writeprotect all the folders related to DR ( both install folders and my documents folders )

This is very frustrating and I appreciate any help !

THANK YOU

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
  2. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Use yout wheel from the start of the game. It tends to do this if you start using keyboars in menu.

3. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Not sure what you mean but I am using my wheel from the start and that is how I know it is not working when I press the buttons on the wheel.

I had this exact problem with DR before and I haven't got a clue how it solved itself because I sure didn't do it :confused:

Another annoying thing is that sometimes DR start at the wrong resolution and not in full-screen mode so I have to change that also. :confused:

4. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

5. If you remap the pause button then there is a bug where you have to reset the controls every time. If you leave pause as default it should save the controls.

6. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Don't click anything on your pc from you click "play" in steam and until the game starts. If you do. It will start windowed.

7. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Is that a confirmed bug by Codies ?

8. I can't recall where I found it but it certainly fixed it for me

9. Tobbe Bergman

Tobbe Bergman
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Strangely it worked when I got home and I haven't done anything different :confused::confused::confused:

This is making me nervous !