• "I'm going to pee in your seat" - Jenson Button
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

I have got a new machine....so which version will work

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by Cobra, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Cobra

Cobra

Ratings:
    +0
    I got a new laptop, to use until I can figure out what to do with the old Dell. It has: Windows 7, Intel GMA 4500M graphics, 250GB HDD, 3G`s of memory. And a 15.6 LCD screen. Basically I got what I could afford to surf and hopefully play Racer.

I don`t know which version will work, and instead of downloading all of the versions, can anyone give a nod to one that will work.

2. Stereo

Stereo

Ratings:
    +1,220
    The latest version (0.8.12) probably has the best compatibility, you'll likely need to run racer_nocg.exe though.

3. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    Indeed, intel graphics ftl :p Good to hear you've got a new machine though :)

4. luthobu

luthobu

Ratings:
    +179
  5. Cobra

Cobra

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all your input. And the link LuThoBu-it verified what I thought. The weird thing is, to most-my new laptop is cheap-but didn`t feel that way...... :)
    I couldn`t find a laptop that had the specs better than this one-but I was at Wal-Mart-lol!
    And the 0.8.12 no_cg version will run....it beats 0.6.5.5.