I Have an Idea

I have a Great idea for a Racing Helmet which is kitted out with a screen, head motion sensors, sound and a G-Force mechanism. Does any one know where I can take this idea to get it made for the mass market?

Oh and Please don't nick my idea. ;)

Not without giving me a percentage and a free helmet. :thumbsup:

i had a simlar idea when i was setting up my rig, but never planned to mass produce.

never went ahead with it coz all the head mounted screens where very expensive and usualy verly low video quality or resolution.
It was a few years ago so hopfully thinks may have improved since then

Upvote 0
I was thinking a while back, would it be possible to make a helmet with a 3D lense, headphones and mic, with a small pull motor, attached to a HANS neck support, that could gently pull on the helmet to simulate g force on your head.

(but then I thought, that might be a bit dangerous and Health and Safty would have a field day with it) :roflmao:

I dont know though (or even if it would be possible), to make a solid lense in 3D or how expensive.

But be carefull, do you know, by posting ideas on an open forum makes the idea "open source" so anyone can use the idea and not ask for permission.

Upvote 0
VR headsets are still not that great and are still under serious development. There has been one system built running a modified version of duke nukem that had head tracking as well as audio etc.

The problem is that most screens that small don't have enough resolution to look like what you are used to seeing on your monitors. Another issue is that you won't get a very wide field of view unless you spend huge amounts of money for the headset.

Not trying to put a damper on your idea, just thought I would let you know what you might be up against is all.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back