• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

I had a bad experience

Discussion in 'MXGP 3' started by Giovaneveterano, May 30, 2017.

1. Giovaneveterano

Giovaneveterano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +415
    These are the qualifying results with maximum AI difficulty and no assists.. +3s :confused:
    Just to be aware: it was my first ever time playing any MXGP game and that 1.34.488 was my first and only qualifying lap.
    I can image what lap time an experienced player can manage and how poor the AI is even at the simulation difficulty.
    Senza nome.jpg
    I'll ask for a refund on Steam.. 10 minutes of play are enough for this :poop:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig

Ratings:
    +13
    Only because you have a bad experience it does not mean that anyone else should not buy a game. Boycott attempts like this are extremely bad for the industry! Have you tried the AI on other tracks and with different weather? Maybe this is an isolated bug.

3. KennyBarroz

KennyBarroz

Ratings:
    +109
    i can confirm that the AI is not the best competition, i bet MP is your best competition :)

4. diegostephanie

diegostephanie

Ratings:
    +0
    Ai is very slow :(

5. diegostephanie

diegostephanie

Ratings:
    +0
    Very annoying this if you walk with only the fifth gear of the bike even so it wins the race easy :(.
    Is there any way to improve the AI of the game?

6. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +190
    Interesting reading about the weak AI here. The topic is all over the Steam forums; however, I initially brushed it off because a lot of Steam communities are full of "negative Nancy's" (no offense to any Nancy's here).

7. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +33
    Did you brush it off because it's not what you wanted to hear? Maybe they'll patch the AI later.

8. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +190
    That's part of it. Frankly, Milestone hasn't done enough in the past to prove to me they'll actually fix this issue. Their games are typically pretty good; however, their post launch support is awful.

9. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +33
    It's hard to argue with that.

10. Ekrc51

Ekrc51

Ratings:
    +0
    o here is the thing with the AI. In typical Milestone fashion the AI is preset and isn't player aware. The qualifying times are preset and it's easy to test. I followed Favbre in qualifying and he actually had a good pace one I made sure was faster than mine. After a few laps I pitted. Went back out tucked in behind another rider and did the same. End of the session I had fastest lap but the riders I had followed had laps that were FAR slower than they had actually run. In the races they went even slower. Regardless of the setting the AI will be slow or mistake prone. The AI was actually most competitive in qualifying.

Milestone always does this. They don't even try to make the AI good or player aware. Their SBK, MotoGP, and Ride games have the same type of AI behavior. The AI is cheap and on rails so there is no patching that. It's design problem that milestone cant or won't bother to improve. Until another company releases a quality bike game Milestone won't bother to improve their games cause they don't have too.

11. Crash82

Crash82

Ratings:
    +0
    First time playing 1st lap on hardest setting? How did you know the track? How did you win in your first game when your bike isn't leveled up yet? There's no way this post is complete lie the game is the best MX game I've ever played and I have played them all.