F1 2011 I found the solution to why AI drivers are so slow.

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
The devs put the wrong AI to the wrong team and that's the reason why all the ai are so slow.

You will need to edit the AI drivers and F1 Team to match teh right ID to the right F1 team but make sure you back up your game because changing drivers will delete your save game.

Vetel and mark will be kings again.

Stupid DEVs cant even get this right so embarrassing.

THE AI Drivers ID and F1 TEAM Drivers ID doesn't match up you will need to edit it manually. Cant contact Codemaster to get a patch because they've gone into hiding (pretending someone hacked their website?).

I've successfully change the driver ID to the right slot in F1 Team database and it didn't corrupt my save game.

Now Sebastian always come first :) and all the top drivers are always top 6.

The devs put the wrong AI to the wrong team and that's the reason why all the ai are so slow.

You will need to edit the AI drivers and F1 Team to match teh right ID to the right F1 team but make sure you back up your game because changing drivers will delete your save game.

Vetel and mark will be kings again.

Stupid DEVs cant even get this right so embarrassing.

THE AI Drivers ID and F1 TEAM Drivers ID doesn't match up you will need to edit it manually. Cant contact Codemaster to get a patch because they've gone into hiding (pretending someone hacked their website?).

I've successfully change the driver ID to the right slot in F1 Team database and it didn't corrupt my save game.

Now Sebastian always come first :) and all the top drivers are always top 6.

This is weird, because in my game the top drivers are... on top. Vettel is leading the rankings, followed by Webber, Hamilton, Alonso, Button. Even Massa is ranked 6th.

i havent had this issue at all either. everyone is pretty much exactly where they should be. something to look into i guess? and maybe helpful for the ai tweaking mods.

i have heard reports of people having this problem and its most noticeable when driving for the top 3/4 teams. i started with williams and Barichello beat me by 2 seconds at Melbourne (we were fighting for 10th lol, lucky bugger) and then the race after that (the name is right on the tip of my tongue but cant think of it) he came 18th and i came 10th.

lol. seems slightly ironic.

I've checked my DB and you are right! The ID from AI_DRIVER doesn't correspond with the ID from F1DRIVERS_F1TEAMS. It's a mess there. I will edit the DB and hope to see Vettel, Hamilton, Button, Alonso etc in the first places from now on. Thank you for this!

After a second check I've discovered that my DB it's ok. In the F1DRIVERS_F1TEAMS (where the drivers "meet" the teams), the AI_DRIVER values corresponds with the ID's from AI_DRIVER field. The F1DRIVER values corresponds with the ID's from F1DRIVERS field. And the F1TEAM values corresponds with the ID's from F1TEAMS. So, it's ok...

This is weird, because in my game the top drivers are... on top. Vettel is leading the rankings, followed by Webber, Hamilton, Alonso, Button. Even Massa is ranked 6th.

Hello Renneboog,

can you please put here your DB? I want to compare yours with my DB, because I have Vettel, Hamilton, Alonso and other good drivers in bottom half of the grid. Thanks!

The AI driver speeds are working well in my game. But then I am using the Xbox. maybe you need to change your header AprilSwift to be less condescending to Xbox as it seems to play the game really well.
Or maybe put one more humourous line about PC users that goes something like:
"PC is for technocrats that like a broken version so they can work together and try to fix it while looking down on console users"
-Just to even things up a little.

Well after changing my AI Driver ID to correspond to the correct ID on the F1 teams database my game is now functioning properly.

Vetel, Alonso, Hamilton, Mark Webber, and all the Tier1 Driver now always top 6 in practise, qualifying, and Race.

I notice changing engine power doesn't do jack :) oh well at least now my team mate Vetel is always in the top 6 and not bottom 3.

Could you post up your edited file in the mod forum? Im interested in giving this ago. Alonso is king in my game, rightfully so =P but Vettel and Weber are usually back of the top 10. Petrov is tuned unusually quickly at times so is Heidfeld.

I cant upload mine because mine is now heavily modded and it wouldn't be fair for people wanting to play online. I dont play online anymore so mine reflects the heavily modded database.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back