I 'diskpart'`d the wrong drive..

SyCoREAPER

Premium
Just a haha for anyone else having a poop day to maybe feel a little better with my misfortune.

Today I was redoing a drive my my Legion Go and needed to format. I prefer DISKPART in command prompt over Windows GUI as you'll read on.

In DISKPART, I realized, hmm I have two 2TB, guess i do have to use Disk Managernto see which is which. Well I saw the letter D, which is the drive letter I wanted but my eyes blocked out the rest "ata" as in Data and NOT the drive I wanted until it was executed.

Yup, I wiped out a 2TB drive, partial backup on a different drive (of AC) but I wiped out the entire game, my settings, other games and knows what else (no pr0n, sorry pervs). Needless to say that has put a dent in Monday.

The only thing that has me future motivated enough to rebuild my AC game is the aforementioned partial settings, the game itself isn't huge and all my mods (free and paid) were thank F on another drive out-of OCD sorting necessity.

So yeah, that sucks. I want to race but feel a bit defeated, frustrated and hindering motivation.

Enjoy to my stupidity and remember, unless your sick, fired from your job or having financial issues, you didn't irreversibly delete 2TB of data...

There's still a grain of hope, if you haven't already moved on...
Depending on what you did after the diskpart, you may be able to recover the disk contents. (Messing with the partition table makes the data inaccessible but doesn't wipe it. If you can restore the partition table, you can regain access to the data. If however, the disk was also reformatted, recovery gets harder and potentially impossible.)

There's still a grain of hope, if you haven't already moved on...
Depending on what you did after the diskpart, you may be able to recover the disk contents. (Messing with the partition table makes the data inaccessible but doesn't wipe it. If you can restore the partition table, you can regain access to the data. If however, the disk was also reformatted, recovery gets harder and potentially impossible.)

It was partioned (IIRC), so I don't know how that comes into play either. Windows had something going on that drive because oddly enough, a few folders were still there so I suspect it's constantly being written to.

If I knew exactly what I lost, it might make the recovery attemot worth it but since I don't even remember, I could spend hours trying to recover files and they end up being game files I can just re-download.

I do appreciate the comment though. I'm in the acceptance stage at this point. Shifted my energy onto the Legio Go for the time being as a distraction.

I have a feeling I did a 'clean all' and not just clean as I was planning on selling it. Either way, I haven't really turned it on since (I'm sure ,y energy bill will be thankful) so maybe I'll just keep it off until I want to see what a recovery turns up.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.