PC1 i cant get mod cars to show up

sorry but i cant get mod cars to show up in the car list can someone help me

used jsgme to activate or just drop the folder in the main folder nothing works

i use the game of the year edition version 1220 if not mistaken

I've used mods and they work fine for me. You have to follow the instructions exactly, most times than not people are not copying the files to the correct directory. But it's been a while since I used them, which one are you using exactly? Porche or the Audi?

I've used mods and they work fine for me. You have to follow the instructions exactly, most times than not people are not copying the files to the correct directory. But it's been a while since I used them, which one are you using exactly? Porche or the Audi?
2015 McLaren P1 GTR - v1.03 2015 Audi R8 LMS - v2.01 2016 Pagani Zonda LM-R Ragno - v1.0
followed the instructions put al the folders in the mod folder and used JSGME to activate them but it does not work no mater what i do please help

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can say is if you are copying the files to the correct folder.

"2. Copy the folder "Audi R8 LMS 2015" into the folder "MODS" in the game's dictionary."

Make sure the directory is the PCars' folder inside Steam's folder structure. NOT the PCars folder that you can find at MyDocuments. You have to copy all the files, which means the 2 text files as well, in case you only copied the folders from the .rar

If you are doing all these correctly I can't help you any further, mine works like this.

All I can say is if you are copying the files to the correct folder.

"2. Copy the folder "Audi R8 LMS 2015" into the folder "MODS" in the game's dictionary."

Make sure the directory is the PCars' folder inside Steam's folder structure. NOT the PCars folder that you can find at MyDocuments. You have to copy all the files, which means the 2 text files as well, in case you only copied the folders from the .rar

If you are doing all these correctly I can't help you any further, mine works like this.

so it should look like this ???
this is not pcars via steam
do i need to rename the folder and remove the 64bit or just leave it like that???

Attachments

• Knipsel.PNG
    Knipsel.PNG
    94.7 KB · Views: 672
I am pretty sure that non-steam PCars = pirated PCars and that is why you cannot activate mods. The version of your game is most likely not the same version as the mod you are trying to use. Modders need to update their products everytime there is a big update in the game version.

I suggest you buy the game, it's pretty cheap now and well worth it.

What do you mean, it's still a steam game is it not?

In any case, if it's not pirated, that's all I can advise you, another place you can ask is at the official forum. There is a thread on the Modding section and there the creator can help you directly.

I have the steam version in it's steam directory and I have the same problem: The cars are shown in the vehicles folder, in JSGME also the activation went ok, but in pcars there are not these cars.
A month ago I had these cars working, but I had to reinstall my windows and my steam folder was deleted, so I did a new install of pcars and got this new problem. Then I deleted pcars again over steam app and reinstalled, bot didn't solve my problem!

in main pcars folder (ex D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\pCars\) you need a mods.txt file with a bunch of line like these for every new car, for example:

Vehicles\Audi_A4_DTM\Audi_A4_DTM.crd
:tyres: "Yiro Venio Slick-Medium" "Yiro Venio Slick-Medium-Rear" "Yiro Venio Slick-Soft" "Yiro Venio Slick-Soft-Rear" "Yiro Venio-Rain" "Yiro Venio-Rain-Rear"
:hudmotec: Audi_A4_DTM

for the Audi A4 DTM add-on car.

this lines (a mod.txt file) are always with the downloaded new car. Take a look on nogripracing.com in download/pcars/cars for an example. For every new car you need to add these lines at the end of your mods.txt file.

some car needs also to modify tiremod.reg file, in the main pcars folder too, as indicated in their readme.txt.

ps: keep a copy of mods.txt, sometimes jsgme delete it !!!!

i can send you a copy of mine if you need it

have u tried with a single add on car ???? try with other cars, it MUST show you the new car in game !!! try the Mazda RX7 Tuner stage3 from JDougNY, it works for me and it's a great car !

save ur mods.txt then remove all addons with jsgme, run the mazda 32 or 64 bit exe to unpack files, run jsgme to install it, copy the MODS.TXT from zip to PCARS main folder, modify tiremod.rg as required or add it from ZIP, then restart pcars.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing