I can not find any drivers for the Mac to run the G25 in iRacing

Hi guys, I'm looking to join the iRacing site for some track action ;)
But....
I own an iMac and a G25 and was hoping all will work fine, trouble is I can not find any drivers for the Mac to run the G25 :(
Is this at all possible?
I do have a boot camp partition with windows XP on but would rather run it through the Mac.
Any help and or advice is really appreciated;)
Thanks in advance

Thanks Adrian, I was afraid someone was going to say that! ;) Looks like I'll have to build a PC then.
I have friends who play certain Windows only games on their Mac's using the Bootcamp method. But like Adrian says the gfx could be an issue as the games they play are not as gfx intense as something like iRacing.

Did also find this quote in a related thread over on iRacing if it helps any, running iRacing thru Bootcamp .....

I run iRacing on a 2009 2.26GHz Core2Duo Macbook w 4GB Ram and Nvidia 9400m graphics. Runs steady at 70 FPS, but I need to keep shadows off.

Also it is worth mentioning for months I had problem with a random drop in FPS after about 5 - 10 mins of racing. It would drop from 70 down to about 20, stay that low for another 5 mins or so then return to normal. I figured out it was the the CPU (or GPU... not sure) getting too hot. Apparently this is quite common on Macs running windows XP. I installed this app: http://sourceforge.net/projects/lubbofancontrol/ and set the fan to speed up to full speed at 70 degrees Celsius (rather than 85 - 95 degrees which it was getting up to) and have not had a problem since.

:cool:

Good luck bro, i use a Mac as my day to day computer and had to bite the bullet and put together a gaming pc just for sim racing.. but it is worth it 100%.

iRacing in particular is not a very demanding game so you only need a decent machine to run fine, obviously the faster the better but for example i use a core2duo E7500 with an ati 5770 and it usually runs above 80FPS at 1920x1200.

Also bear in mind there are some new games coming out this year so if you are going to put together a machine for simracing you might want to future proof and make sure it runs all the new games coming out.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%