PC1 I am loving this!

Johnny Speed

Premium
late to the party as usual, but wow! I have been enjoying this on ps4 since it launched using a controller. I FINALLY installed on my PC using my Fanatec and WOW!! It is simply amazing. Amazing! The difference is unbeleavable. I really enjoy the fact that I can download ghosts and work my way up the leaderboards. Reminiscent of Forza on the Xbox.

I wish I did this sooner. Oh well.

So, is anyone still active online? Racedepartmentals? Lol. Anyone?

And I won't purchase anything from SMS until they finish Pcars 1. Loads of stuff missing from the promised release. Even the intro video shows animated pitstops that aren't in the crappy simcade game.
Other than that, it's not bad at simulating all weather racing.;)

Last edited:
And I won't purchase anything from SMS until they finish Pcars 1. Loads of stuff missing from the promised release. Even the intro video shows animated pitstops that aren't in the crappy simcade game.
Other than that, it's nod bad at simulating all weather racing.;)
Must admit I enjoyed the racing in the club and agree the weather and day to night is about the best I've seen, and it more than paid for itself for me, I enjoy a drive around Bannochbrae still.

Must admit I enjoyed the racing in the club and agree the weather and day to night is about the best I've seen, and it more than paid for itself for me, I enjoy a drive around Bannochbrae still.
I suppose it would be nice to boot up a club race with day night cycle once in a while Kenny. I'd be interested in GT3/4 class at Spa day/night endurance race.;):thumbsup:

Yes, I noticed the club races sort of stopped in October. If anyone wants to ad a friend on steam even if just for the leaderboard time trial stuff I welcome it.

MX729 is me on steam. I'm just trying to have fun, I'm not super competitive. I'm not even very fast, but I like having fun with like minded folks. The more, the merrier.

Yes I felt sorry for the few who enjoyed them but the numbers just couldn't justify continueing.
As I said to Andy no reason why we can't try something over the festive fortnight, see if that attracts more members.

Fair play Dave

You bough it for the media it was intended for.

I have played PCARS on the PS4 wand was quite impressed, so a few weeks ago I tried a version of it on my PC and it was utterly awful, glacial feel, poor AI. Just the things I felt were wrong all those years ago.

As always, looks great. menus and stuff are great, content is aswell. But it's a console game really, unless you can be arsed to tinker with it for weeks and I cant!

I am still actively enjoying this game a couple nights a week. My tag on Steam is MX729

It is a much better experience on PC using a wheel than on PS4 using a controller, in my opinion.

I didn't have to tweak any settings, it just works, right out of the box. It's fun!

Who cares ?!?!?

so bored with this words.... simcade, arcade, realsim....
still so many haters for Pcars...... why ?
it's only gaming.......... or better:

No matter what it's called it's still a whole lot of fun and that's all that matters !!!

Last edited:
Decided to install my "first simracing love" to experience VR and its beautiful!
Rain, night and Nordschleife is just a breathtaking combo. I noticed how much more detailed the track is compared to the other games, it feels like a green hell (amount of trees and different assets), textures are still top of the line. PC is not just a barren land beyond the first layer of trees, more environment/hills in the distance are included.
My go to car the BMW Z4 GT3 feels surprisingly similar to other games.
I haven't touched the game seriously since end 2015, just wanted to share my good experience.

Some of the people that had been complaining about a bit of floatiness in the FFB, when they tried VR they said it was almost gone. So it's something to do with wrong perception of speed or some sort of minor lag combined with the FFB style they chose for the game (only rack forces). Quite weird. And a shame I can't try VR anywhere near me.

I don't mean glimpse, I want to try the actual products, i know you can have some sort of VR experience with smartphones, I am not interested in that at all though. And to be frank, I can't be bothered to do all that anymore at my age. :p

I actually enjoy pCars a whole lot, however, since a recent re-install, I can't get the VR version to fit the screen. It works great in non VR, but the VR version is not playable because I can't make any adjustment since options screens are not reachable (off screen). Any suggestions?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%