1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WIP HZ-circuit

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder Projects' started by Erwin Greven, Jul 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

A fantasy track with 5 layouts. This is the full GP-circuit.

It also has a:
    • National circuit
    • Club circuit
    • GP-short circuit
    • Intermediate circuit

2. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Erwin, my man, that track is the shizzle!! :woot:

Top work!

3. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

Thanks! I am very pleased with the layout.

4. looks nice, but is there any reason the walls have to be so close to the track everywhere, it has a armco canyon feel to it.

5. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

yep. because it is a WIP track.

6. Cool look'n layout,I look forward to having a crack at it.
    But why HZ? Is it based on a real track of that name or have you heard of the
    awesome '79model(HZ)Holden over there? Hahaha!
    Nah,just joking but very nice work though!

7. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

HZ stands for Hunze. I just needed a name for the track. Basicly the track is finished. I want to spice up the terrain a bit and i need a sollution for the "Eau Rouge" corner. All the cars take off after this corner. Maybe i will change the layout a bit before this corner.

8. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

How do you mean take off?

9. That really does look very, very good.

Just a small thing (and this bugs me about a lot of BTB tracks, plus I understand it is WIP) - IMO the BTB grass and gravel textures are awful - that is one thing I would definitely change if I was making it.

But I'm not, and apart from that I love it - even the enclosed armco - gives more sense of speed - the track already seems to have great character.

10. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

When they go over the crest, as seen at 44 sec in the video, they liff off because the cars are getting light, when driving the National Circuit layout.

11. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

I maye have an idea about this......ill PM with more details later

12. Oh crap - Kris has an idea...

13. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

All versions are almost finished. Before i release all versions i will release the HZ-GP circuit on August 14th.

14. Erwin - I'm inpressed. You're doing this track AND your big track. That's serious BTB dedication...

15. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

yep. and i have a few other non-completed tracks.
    An oldie which also has a tread: Hunzering.
    Then i have a Interlagos/Buenos Aires alike track, which contains a very fast outer circuit and 2 road course inner tracks.
    Also the Assen 1954 project is on the line. (10 mile old track through Assen, Hooghalen and Laaghalerveen).
    An other project in my own towns vicinity, the Westerwolde circuit project. But i haven't found the right layout yet.
    In Stadskanaal, my home town there was also a street circuit which i can see when i look out my window!
    Then i have a kart track..... the Aviadome-track which combines a real kart track with a motocross track layout and an oval. Very nice track.
    Yeah i am dedicated.

16. Oy, Erwin, for some real non-fantasy stuff you may want to take a look at www.wegcircuits.nl/photos.html

There were some really nice ones back then, now waiting to be revived...!

17. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

Within a few days there will be another release of this venue: The complete package which contains:
    HZ-GP Circuit Full Course v 1.1
    HZ-GP Circuit Short Course v 1.0
    HZ-Club Circuit 1 mile track. (Fastlane 250) v 1.0
    HZ-National Circuit v 1.0
    HZ-Intermediate Rally course. (tarmac only)
    HZ-Circuit Rallycross course. (On and off road course)

18. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

All versions are almost ready. The last small changes have to be made.
    Here are the layouts. (Sadly i still can't get sound recorded. Tried everything in Fraps.)
    GP circuit Full Course

Club Circuit

National Circuit

GP circuit Short Course

Intermediate Rally Course

Full Rally Course

19. abit of the mother inspired at the end of the track? thumbsup it was a smooth layout!

20. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

How can i make a package of this? I know that it is possible. Brianza (Monza) and Silverstone 89-91 is an example of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.