Hydraulic Brake pedal set

Are any members using these Hydraulic Brake pedal sets?

They both use non-load cell/potentiometer .
They use 1000psi pressure transducers (x2 simtechracing?) for the brake pedal.

http://bjsimracing.com/index.php?id_product=20&controller=product (£815 inc Vat EU (Spain Based).

Or these

https://www.simtechracing.co.uk/products/hydraulic-sim-pedals (£810 inc Vat UK (UK based))

How do they compare to Heusinkveld or prosim etc?

bjsimracing say

ELECTRONICS

The load cell measures the throttle position and the two pressure sensors measure the clutch and brake pressure. Unlike designs with hall sensor and potentiometers and other components, the load cell and pressure sensors provide a real linear output in relation to the pedal input. Its precision is incomparable.
The 12bits USB controller board ensures that each pedal responds instantly and accurately to your preferred platform.
A 20kg load cell for the accelerator pedal.
2 high-quality 1000psi pressure sensors for the brake and clutch.

BRAKE HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
Our hydraulic brake system is composed of 2 Wilwood master pumps with their respective oil tanks, which we inject through the hoses and their 2 3-way valves, the oil to our double bearing slave cylinder, which is where we get create the totally real touch.

CLUTCH HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
The clutch is composed of 1 Wilwood master pump with its respective oil tank and 1 double-slave slave cylinder and its entire hydraulic system.

HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
The pressure sensors of great quality and reliability that we use for our hydraulic system, obtain a super high precision and a really incredible linearity.

In the slave cylinder is where we can modify the hardness or travel of our brake, with the combination offered by BJsimracing.
The combination for the brake and clutch pedal is composed of fibroelast and spring, their combinations are very variable getting forces from 30kg to 110kg.
The pedals include 1 kit of 2 springs and 2 fibroelast.
On our website you can find fibroelast kits of different hardnesses.

ACCELERATOR SYSTEM
Our system in the accelerator is composed of 2 types of shock absorbers, these shock absorbers add strength and offer resistance when we press or release the pedal.

The touch is smooth and precise, its 20kg load cell gives us that resolution and precision we need to have in an accelerator.

CALIBRATION SYSTEM
We offer the calibration program so that the client can modify the pedal stroke to his liking.

CHARACTERISTICS

PEDALERA BASIC:
High-end pro hydraulic pedaling
Maximum precision with 12bit controller
High quality electronic and mechanical materials
Maximum control in accelerator, brake and clutch
Regulates pedal grades
Configurable braking pressure
Configurable clutch pressure
"D" shaped pedal plates in curved design, ideal for foot pedals
Movement pedal plate
Kit 2 springs and 2 fibroelast
Plug & Play connection
The pedals come filled with oil ready to use
Compatible with PC

simtechracing
Only the brake pedal is Hydraulic.
Hydraulic Sim Pedals
Features:

Clutch Brake and Accelerator
2 connection options Direct to SimuCube (X11 Socket) or USB
Billet Aluminium Pedals
Closed loop system, no leaks
Fully adjustable brake feel
Basic Clutch Operation
High Quality components
Optional base plate with heel pad
Easy calibration
Extremely strong custom pedal box
The brake is neither load cell or potentiometer it’s a 2000psi pressure transducer

The throttle and clutch are potentiometers
All 12 Bit

How do they compare to Heusinkveld or prosim etc?

Hi,
I have made a 3d model in Onshape. Here is the Link

Because when I made this pedals, i didn´t had a 3d Printer. So my intention was to replace the Kitchen cutting bord parts, cutted with a zigsaw, for good designed 3d Printed parts. But, never did it... no time, too many projects in head...

to answer the question. Is 220mm total lenght. And the 35mm for the master cylinder shaft input.

I have the pedal disassembled on my side. so, i made a fast pic with dimension (take in consideration the perspective...)
TPV_PEDAL_BOX2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
its 7 7,5 pedal ratio its a lot, if the pedal ratio were lower it would be just perfect, maybe with a 18 cm lever could be a little bit better at 6 ratio aprox thank you for the image!! helps a lot!

Upvote 0
its 7 7,5 pedal ratio its a lot, if the pedal ratio were lower it would be just perfect, maybe with a 18 cm lever could be a little bit better at 6 ratio aprox thank you for the image!! helps a lot!
Hi, can you help understand the importance of the ratio?
My understanding, if the ratio is big, you will apply more force on the master cylinder with the same force being applied with the foot, if the ratio is smaller.
But, in Sim World, we can adjust the input values from the load cell/pressure sensor, on the computer.
The only thing I see as a problem, is if the load cell or pressure sensor gets overloaded, because of the ratio. But that is a question of getting the right load cell/pressure sensor.
Or I'm missing something?
Tiago

Upvote 0
Hi, can you help understand the importance of the ratio?
My understanding, if the ratio is big, you will apply more force on the master cylinder with the same force being applied with the foot, if the ratio is smaller.
But, in Sim World, we can adjust the input values from the load cell/pressure sensor, on the computer.
The only thing I see as a problem, is if the load cell or pressure sensor gets overloaded, because of the ratio. But that is a question of getting the right load cell/pressure sensor.
Or I'm missing something?
Tiago
You got it right, if the ratio is too big the force the master cylinder sees is ""ratio"" times greater, my concern goes about master cylinder failure more than pressure sensor rating, for sim use i think is better to go with as little ratio as possible 3:1 4:1 somewhere there i think is a sweet spot for hydraulics, so you can exert bigger force from your foot without stressing the master and slave cylinder or the sensor, its normal the high ratio because the lever is intended to be used with the arm, we have way less strength in arms than legs so to lock the tires you need bigger ratio.

Also with lower ratio pedal lever you minimise displacements in the top of the pedal because of the flexion. I dont think there could be any problem in the lever seems to be pretty solid, maybe the "shaft support" that is in shear could suffer, maybe crush a little bit the hole and develop a little bit of play, just guessing here.

Conclusion, dont press the brakes excesively hard just in case.

Upvote 0
While looking for a pedal box besides the Hilton's which are pretty expensive I've run across a company called opb who has a few nice sets around 380 to 450...they just announced a bit back they are releasing their own sim pedal. Using their pro race pedal box..look pretty good...anyone have a suggestion on a pedal to use besides the tilton.thanks.
Capture+_2020-04-18-17-39-40.png

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes