1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

HWMonitor 1.13

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Marcel Hulsbergen, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen
    #111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member

2. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

Another good one is WebTemp, though you need to use Speedfan with it.
    [​IMG]
    It does take a little sorting out, but it's very customiseable.

3. I use EVGA Precision to Montior my G card temps and i can adjust fan speed.

4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

If you want proper readings from any of the temp monitors you need to calibrate them to your specific gpu, which is why I use speed fan whenever I need to know as its got the best calibration settings.

5. Used HWMonitor for years now allong with core temp, both are very accurate temp wise.

6. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen

I just liked the easy view HWMonitor, i don't want to install other programs etc, this program runs without installing it and it has a clear overview. Maybe other programs are more accurate but for me it is a handy tool to see how much temps are added while i overclock.

7. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen

A new Version 0.99.4 of the free Core Temp CPU temperature monitoring utility has been released. Among a large range of changes it adds support for new Intel and AMD CPUs, fixes several bugs, and now comes in a 64-bit version as well.

8. must try

9. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson

Of course, thats all I use mine for and only everynow and then. I use speedfan because I spent the time to configure it many moons ago so it makes sense for me to use it. I wasn't knocking yous Marcel. :)

10. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen

I know, i didn't feel it that way lol :) do you overclock a lot too?

11. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson

yes but only when i have a backup capable of running evo.

12. E4500 @ 3.4ghz right now keep it 58C at load :) HWMonitor - Coretemp work perfect, can keep an eye on my mobo temps also.

13. nice, did some overclocking on my 6300 last night but nothing major just jacked it up to 2.0ghz then left it running gtr-evo in practice mode all night to see what the increase in the temps were and was very happy with the results.

Attached Files:

14. lool virus..
    Best everest ultimate ;)

15. Everest Ultimate
    [​IMG]

16. I guess your running stock cooler Neil? It's shame Evo don't support more then one core, it's a new game and it's surprising it's not designed to take advantage of multiple cores, I heard there is tweaks but don't work for me.

17. running with artic cooling on both the gpu and cpu (accelero and freezer 7 pro) along with a quiet 580watt hiper psu not the coolest setup but very very quiet.

18. GTR Evo is not a very accurate way of testing the increasing cpu temps or stability. Something like OCCT or Orthos is a much better idea as that stresses the cpu at 100% the whole time.

Here is mine after 5 mins:

[​IMG]

Normally loads at 60C but there is quite a bit of dust around the fan.

EDIT: Cleaning the cpu cooler does make quite a difference ;)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Ye I use Prime & Orthos.

20. usually use burn-in-test pro myself, but i wanted to see if there were any abnormalities on the track after it running at operating temp for so long and the only way to do that is by running the game itself.