HW requirements - CPU intensive?

Hi,
I should like ask you something about HW reguirements of the DTM-E. Is it processor intensive?
I have Nvidia GTX 780 (3GB VRAM) and Core I7-860 (4-core Lynnfield on 2.8, 3.2 Turboboost), and in middle details I have only about 35 fps. In other games I have not any problem (for instance F1 2013
on all max. about 60fps...). My GPU working only about in 60%...is it problem in slow CPU?
Do you have, please, some tips for ideal graphic settings of the game? Thank you very much.

Use simple cubemaps and turn off shadow split.
My i5-2500k 4.6ghz is running at 70%/30%/70%/30% on the 4 cores, together with a GTX 660ti and high settings result in 80/100 fps.
I think you CPU is maybe a little weak for a high-end GPU.

I overclocked my core i7-860 very light to 3.2, and is My i5-2500k 4.6ghz is running at 90%/90%/30%/30% on the 4 cores, but I have still only about 35 fps at mid detail....I think, that higher CPU freq has not influence...

Here are my setings that give me 100+ fps with a i5-2500k and 660ti

Turn off all the stuff real men don't need.

grafics1.jpg
Grafics2.jpg
grafics3.jpg

I'm have same problem here. I'm put the graphic setting in low, but not work. My PC is a Intel Quad Core with 8 GB RAM, and the G-Force GTX 550 ti. It's Strange because i'm play another Simbin games like Race 07, GTR2, GT Legends with graphics on Full, and the brand new Assetto Corsa with graphics on medium, without any problem with graphics. Have a Pacth or Update to fix this problem??? Regards for everyone: Herbert Immer

I'm have same problem here. I'm put the graphic setting in low, but not work. My PC is a Intel Quad Core with 8 GB RAM, and the G-Force GTX 550 ti. It's Strange because i'm play another Simbin games like Race 07, GTR2, GT Legends with graphics on Full, and the brand new Assetto Corsa with graphics on medium, without any problem with graphics. Have a Pacth or Update to fix this problem??? Regards for everyone: Herbert Immer

What the problem and did you use the settings above?

When i'm play the DTM Experience, i have less fps, it's impossible to drive because the game stay frame to frame. I'm put the graphic's in low, but don't work.

The reason why DTME is so intensive is because of the many AI cars on screen. Try this.

Change Reflection Type to cube map from the reduced setting. This one does affect image quality but if you need more performance, it may be something you just have to live with. The remaining two setting are not as bad but certainly can be tweaked for better performance. Change Shadow Split to no and Motion Blur Type to fast if using motion blur at all.

Between these settings, its possible to double your frame rate.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 262 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 171 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 169 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 231 13.6%