Hurting hands. Am I holding the wheel to tight?

I finally bought a wheel and recently got some playing in with it finally. However, after playing for awhile, my hands hurt. My posture is great and I'm sitting appropriately for racing, but my hands still hurt like hell after a little bit. Is it because I'm holding the wheel to tight? I feel like if I hold it with any less force, I won't be able to maintain it.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

No, that's not normal in my experience. It could be you are holding the wheel too tight, which might be a symptom of having your Force FeedBack set too high. Try lowering the FFB a bit so it is easier to turn the wheel, which in turn will mean you can ease your grip and lower the stress on your hands

No, that's not normal in my experience. It could be you are holding the wheel too tight, which might be a symptom of having your Force FeedBack set too high. Try lowering the FFB a bit so it is easier to turn the wheel, which in turn will mean you can ease your grip and lower the stress on your hands
You may be correct. AC was killing my hands, so after starting this thread, I tried playing GCSE (with settings found here) and it was much less stress on my hands. FFB was completely difference between the two games, so next time I fire up AC, I'll definitely lower the FFB settings.

Thanks.

Ya - especially because with the "you're a tough guy, you can handle that!" settings you more than likely have lots of FFB clipping. In Project Cars for some reason the FFB multiplier was set to 3.0 for me and wow, that thing tried to rip my arms off!

Now i'm used to a rather light FFB, but i get no clipping and get all the feedback i need.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%