Huge problem the Devs want to ignore

Hey,
I published this in AC forums but devs just deleted this.
A friend sent this to me, and I confirm it works on RSR and Multiplayer.
The reason I publish this - It would be better if we have 2000 cheaters and get a patch for this after a day or two, than having hundreds of cheaters for a few months until they decide to fix it.
Another aspect of this , is that all RSR records must be deleted after this is fixed. There are obvious cheaters on the records. So we need the records to be reset as soon as possible, so we can start settings new records without knowing those would be deleted soon.
The video explains it all :
<mod edit: Link removed. Making a thread complaining about cheaters possibly being in the game, and then posting a video about how to cheat is completely counterproductive. Please post it privately to the Kunos developers rather than making it public here.>

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how long the OP has been whistle-blowing,

But ever since I bought AC (Jan 1st), it was mentioned on the [AC]forums that this could happen. Many of us were worried, but at the time we had no idea when MP would be released. So the discussion ended, as not to put the cart before the horse..

4 months later, BOOM.

Let's hope the devs can sort these things out soon. I don't expect cheating to end, it never will, just like piracy will never end. But it would be nice to see these blatantly obvious loopholes closed swiftly.
Like the moderators have already said MORE than once, the game being in APLHA state does not TRY to meet with your 100% requirements - because they are requirements fit for a final release. Since the game is NOT a final release they keep the game open to modders so that experience during the aplha time will be more thorough. Dont mind those small things - and tune your expectations which they clearly as of right now, are not.

I am astounded that all throughout this thread no one has taken the many opportunities to post a large pic of an ostrich with it's head buried in the sand?... :unsure:.
@Gary Lennon - just for you :inlove:
Ostrich+Head+in+sand1382623717.jpg

It would seem the devs no longer want to ignore this problem.

- SERVER UPDATED : using a new protocol, please update your servers
- Chat anti-flood
- Anti-cheating system implemented
- Kick user, Restart session, Skip session voting system implemented
- Chat python functions exposed
- Multiplayer Collisions improvements
- Some CPU performance improvements
- UI improvements
- Race control panel in pits menu
- AI Fixes
- Added "display recently joined servers" filter to server list
- Default launcher theme: extra sanitization for URI-unfriendly characters in content folder paths

Very welcome improvements, only thing that's missing is an auto-kick feature to get rid of high pings, which are killing public racing at the moment.

I guess this means On-Line with AC is a no go for anyone outside Europe, or certainly in Australia (depending on what ping limit is proposed). :(

Is it just ping related or more about connection stability? I've always been able to race other sims here despite pings of around 300, with other drivers saying the connection was stable. Conversely, I've often raced with other European drivers who were lagging badly, despite very low pings. Often this was caused by them having other activities going on in the background of their PC's. :confused:

Last edited:
I guess this means On-Line with AC is a no go for anyone outside Europe, or certainly in Australia (depending on what ping limit is proposed). :(

Is it just ping related or more about connection stability? I've always been able to race other sims here despite pings of around 300, with other drivers saying the connection was stable. Conversely, I've often raced with other European drivers who were lagging badly, despite very low pings. Often this was caused by them having other activities going on in the background of their PC's. :confused:

At the moment if you have a ping below 180 then you're okay. Anything above that and you can see some blinking, warping etc.

For me, in Australia, racing on European servers I get aroun 350 ping. Which really isn't ideal. But, as long as I'm winning by a large margin, then I don't jump around so much on their screens ;) hehe

Bummer.
Oh well, pity I can't give my copy of AC to someone else.
Since MP is in early alpha i would expect it to improve greatly over the next weeks/months, no need to give up on it yet.

The way it is right now, it's already good for some fun in between but not on par with the serious sims, even with low pings there's lots of room for improvement in the way the cars move or in the way collisons are handled.

But updates in that area keep coming in so things will keep on improving, hopefully :thumbsup:.

Although i enjoy the Aussies company, a ping 350 would get a kick ! ;)

But if you join a server in Australia surely your ping would be fine?
I should think all the AC launcher will deal with is a DNS server

At the moment a ping of 350 in AC leaves cars jigging about a bit.
And is very hard to race against
But having raced with Warren in other sims allot and his ping has never been a problem. His car has been very stable even though he has had a high ping off 300. We have had some great battles over the years.
So just because the ping is high does not mean the we would kick a driver..

I often jump in with Chirs and a few other Aussie drivers and have had some nice races already with them. Yes ive had to be careful around them, not getting to close to the cars but we still had fun,

When AC get the net code and the game a bit more stable for online play i hope we can continue with racing from guys form all over the world like we have done in the other sims.

When AC get the net code and the game a bit more stable for online play i hope we can continue with racing from guys form all over the world like we have done in the other sims.

Lets hope so Rupe, otherwise my investment in AC will be a waste (I'm not a hotlapper ;) ).
More importantly, if a maximum ping of 150 is set, then I suspect Racedepartment will become a Europe only community as all of the older sims are killed off. I doubt that even US drivers can consistently meet a 150 ping limit. :unsure:

And as most know its latency that is the big killer not always the ping.
And we are looking into the possibilities of getting another server outside of Europe. and having on single server for Europe.
And i must stress "looking at the possibilities" :)
So we may end up will us all having a medium ping to the server. So we can race together.

In my opinion it's Kunos' job to make sure we can race people from all over the world. But having read the latest tweet i'm confident they're doing all they can to make sure this is the case in 1.0.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%