Huge problem the Devs want to ignore

Hey,
I published this in AC forums but devs just deleted this.
A friend sent this to me, and I confirm it works on RSR and Multiplayer.
The reason I publish this - It would be better if we have 2000 cheaters and get a patch for this after a day or two, than having hundreds of cheaters for a few months until they decide to fix it.
Another aspect of this , is that all RSR records must be deleted after this is fixed. There are obvious cheaters on the records. So we need the records to be reset as soon as possible, so we can start settings new records without knowing those would be deleted soon.
The video explains it all :
<mod edit: Link removed. Making a thread complaining about cheaters possibly being in the game, and then posting a video about how to cheat is completely counterproductive. Please post it privately to the Kunos developers rather than making it public here.>

Last edited by a moderator:
let's forget the unrelated lap you posted for a sec :O_o:
I contacted AC Support guy in AC forums and got no respond, obviously you can't see why it needs to be sorted fast, but I do, so the only way is to publish this and make others push the developers for a quick fix and RSR database reset.

let's forget the unrelated lap you posted for a sec :O_o:
I contacted AC Support guy in AC forums and got no respond, obviously you can't see why it needs to be sorted fast, but I do, so the only way is to publish this and make others push the developers for a quick fix and RSR database reset.
Ok :cautious: , Im of , no point of talking to you about this , enjoy your ego , and have a good and wonderful nigth

Anybody thinking about using this cheat whilst racing on Race Department servers, think again! You'll lose your license permanently.

download.jpg

Nothing wrong with exposing a cheat imo. At least means that you can hack the game and that devs must go to work and fix it.

Rather than sweeping it under the carpet its now out in the open. Time for counter measures from the devs in fixing this asap.

Actually like with any software they should ask hackers/cheaters to break their game and find glitches and loopholes and address them with fixes.

Cheating sucks big time online, get it fixed for the sake of everybodies pleasure.

I'm surprised it took this long for this cheat to get any attention... certainly I've seen posts about it on RD before but nobody calling it a "huge problem" until now.

I figured the only reason it didn't is that RSR is already acting against it, and if you try this it DQs you. (haven't tried it myself so can't confirm)

Not too surprised the online is vulnerable though, it's a lot of work to build a solid cheat detection server and if they're aiming for the league-racing crowd anyway, people will just get kicked out if they cheat. I forget the name of the cheat detection iRacing uses but it's not the sort of thing you offer as a 'quick fix', you need to root the machine to have any chance of blocking cheating efforts.

this is nothing new. it's the same reason you can turn off tyre wear and fuel use and it carry into online events.
I know it's like a broken record already but it's alpha stage development, give it time.

Wow, someone exposes a major flaw in the system and gets attacked by an angry mob. Delete the thread and ban him, really? Last time i saw a RD server it said "Netherlands" not "North Korea" :O_o:.

Also this isn't about your egos and who is faster, who cares if you'll still be 2 seconds faster than OP after this gets fixed? As long as it isn't anyone can be, and bragging never made anyone look good.
Public exposure is good because it can lead to this getting priority in development and this definitely needs to be fixed before 1.0.

I'd like to add that i joined RD because of how the staff here stayed neutral when all of the sim-world was invaded by SMS. Legal threats or not, this stayed one of the last big places where you could openly state your opinion about pCars (not that i could be bothered after what happened, but i value the freedom).
This morning i read the (imo unfair) reactions to this thread, a minute later the vid was removed and the thread closed and for the first time since i'm here i was a little bit disappointed with the site and thought that was a wrong decision.

So thumbs-up for reopening and for not "sweeping it under the carpet" :thumbsup: .
Still like it here :D

Wow, someone exposes a major flaw in the system and gets attacked by an angry mob. Delete the thread and ban him, really? Last time i saw a RD server it said "Netherlands" not "North Korea" :O_o::thumbsup::D
Plop barged in started pointing fingers and requesting reset of RSR, what do you expect to happen.
I can write you few things about everyone in the top 25 on RSR. This has been discussed that certain 1% of people seem to have godsgivengift, of which I'm very grateful of.
Furthermore, RSR has based on sector times and top speed acted upon these hax records. These guys are so quick in response its solved within a day.

Hence, why he still isn't making any sense. That plop still didn't say anything constructive. And from this big fuss can only be made some jokes. Maybe someone can make hax that few cars must be flintstone wheeled like Alonso's Ferrari.
What can you do, this is known withing any competition game and maybe if da plop approached devs with hand of beer he wouldn't be so dejected to lazer his disgustings here on this peaceful forum.

I agree it has to be fixed. But spreading how-tos on cheating is not the way to go.

Exactly. Which is why I removed the link to the How-To video.

@assettocorsa93 Yes this problem needs to be publicly known so that Kunos can find out about it as soon as possible so that they can try to fix it, however, you should really communicate the How-To video directly and privately to the Kunos developers. Having it out in the open just encourages more people to try it out and see how much they can get away with, which can and will ruin any multiplayer events that take place between now and the time that a fix is released.

Having said that, I really don't understand why you'd want to cheat in the first place. You're only cheating yourself by giving yourself an unfair advantage, and won't reflect your actual driving ability.

Last edited:
Exactly. Which is why I removed the link to the How-To video.

@assettocorsa93 Yes this problem needs to be publicly known so that Kunos can find out about it as soon as possible so that they can try to fix it, however, you should really communicate the How-To video directly and privately to the Kunos developers. Having it out in the open just encourages more people to try it out and see how much they can get away with, which can and will ruin any multiplayer events that take place between now and the time that a fix is released.

Having said that, I really don't understand why you'd want to cheat in the first place. You're only cheating yourself by giving yourself an unfair advantage, and won't reflect your actual driving ability.
I did PM a kunos member with no reply, I already said that.
Whether you understand why people like to cheat or not, it doesn't change the reality that people do cheat.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 294 13.3%