1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Featured Skins Huge 80's Historical IMSA Carset 0.9

49 detailed skins with historical drivers and realistic AI settings

1. Steve Rosswick

Steve Rosswick

Ratings:
    +14
    Celica.JPG
    This really started as a way to reduce duplicate paints in offline races and I may have gotten a bit carried away...

It has evolved into a carset that includes 49 period-specific paint schemes. Many of these cars bear striking resemblance to iconic liveries from IMSA, SCCA and NASCAR; but because I've had to take some liberties adapting these paints, it leans more towards fantasy than historical.

I originally approached the idea as an 'alternative history' perspective, a scenario where SCCA Trans-Am and IMSAs GTO were merged into one super competitive series that screams ADRENALINE PUMPING, FENDER-TO-FENDER, NEON-FUELED 80s RACING ACTION!

Download the massive 80's Historical IMSA Carset here for rFactor 2

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
  2. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +77
    Great set, but cars aren't viewable in the garage. Did I miss something?

3. Peter Stokman

Peter Stokman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +427
    Hi
    did you read the manual and installed according that cuz you have to unpack in 2 or 3 different folders.

4. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +77
    I double checked the install. Looks correct but still no cars. Typical rF2 beta-ness... What a mess.

5. Peter Stokman

Peter Stokman
    Premium

Ratings:
    +427
    ok then i dont know i have the cars np probably you read this but gonna put it just incase i followed this and it worked for me

1) You must have the TOYOTA CELICA GTO v1.0 Mod by 32_Pixels already installed for rFactor 2.

2) Extract the 'CELICA GTO' folder to "rFactor2/UserData/Player/Settings/"

3) Extract 'celica26EXTRA3.dds' to "rFactor2/Installed/Vehicles/Celica GTO/1.00/" where the *.MAS files and *.MFT file are located. This reworks the hard-coded contingency decals without bothering the encrypted *.MAS files.
    After install you might have to install the files also inside the rf2 launcher content.

6. Joao Fernandes

Joao Fernandes

Ratings:
    +425
    @Ryan Soucy Do you mean you can't see them in the vehicle list or in the 3D preview where you can pan around?

7. Ryan Soucy

Ryan Soucy
    Premium

Ratings:
    +77
    Thx guys. Yes, I can race the cars. I'm just missing them in the 3D preview.

8. Joao Fernandes

Joao Fernandes

Ratings:
    +425
    3D preview doesn't work with this particular car mod. The fix must come from the creator of the original mod.

Because of that this pack comes with a reference card so you can see the liveries and choose them in game.

9. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +10,617
    Nice one, cheers mate

10. Steve Rosswick

Steve Rosswick

Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

I just wanted to post here so it's known... The missing 3D preview is an issue/glitch from the mod builders themselves, the car has never shown up in the spinner. Just a heads up.