Huge 80's Historical IMSA Carset

Skins Huge 80's Historical IMSA Carset 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Celica.JPG

This really started as a way to reduce duplicate paints in offline races and I may have gotten a bit carried away...

It has evolved into a carset that includes 49 period-specific paint schemes. Many of these cars bear striking resemblance to iconic liveries from IMSA, SCCA and NASCAR; but because I've had to take some liberties adapting these paints, it leans more towards fantasy than historical.

I originally approached the idea as an 'alternative history' perspective, a scenario where SCCA Trans-Am and IMSAs GTO were merged into one super competitive series that screams ADRENALINE PUMPING, FENDER-TO-FENDER, NEON-FUELED 80s RACING ACTION!

Download the massive 80's Historical IMSA Carset here for rFactor 2

ok then i dont know i have the cars np probably you read this but gonna put it just incase i followed this and it worked for me

1) You must have the TOYOTA CELICA GTO v1.0 Mod by 32_Pixels already installed for rFactor 2.

2) Extract the 'CELICA GTO' folder to "rFactor2/UserData/Player/Settings/"

3) Extract 'celica26EXTRA3.dds' to "rFactor2/Installed/Vehicles/Celica GTO/1.00/" where the *.MAS files and *.MFT file are located. This reworks the hard-coded contingency decals without bothering the encrypted *.MAS files.
After install you might have to install the files also inside the rf2 launcher content.

3D preview doesn't work with this particular car mod. The fix must come from the creator of the original mod.

Because of that this pack comes with a reference card so you can see the liveries and choose them in game.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I just wanted to post here so it's known... The missing 3D preview is an issue/glitch from the mod builders themselves, the car has never shown up in the spinner. Just a heads up.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 389 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 262 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 252 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 184 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 310 13.0%