1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

hud dash app

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by rizzee, Dec 7, 2014.

1. anyone here use hud dash app..im confused how does it actually work or even connect to the game im playing!

2. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  3. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

On the one I use, you go to their website and download a Telemetry Reader program which runs on your PC, You give it the IP address of your tablet (which shows up in the hud dash thing) and that's all it needs.

4. thanks m8 this helped me...is it worth buying this app im just using free trial at the minute?

5. ok so i do like this app i think it looks cool and all but in all honesty i do think its more of a gimmick than a tool thats helps me as the car already has rev counter etc anyway...what do you guys think is this thing more for decoration and the cool factor?

6. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

I don't like anything displayed on my screen (track map, tire wear/temps, etc.), takes away from the realism or blocks cockpit or track objects. I use Dashmeter Pro for lap counter, tires monitor, split/delta times, to name a few.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Resuscitating and old thread to get some people opinion.

Hud Dash versus DashMeter pro ?
    I tried hud dash demo and its very responsive and works really well.
    But DashMeter pro seem to have way more useful info,

Hud dash full version might have more info but i wouldn't know. Anyone here tried both and care to share their experience ?

8. i Have dashmeter pro for all of my sims and I love it. Its pricey but well worth it..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. I use Dashmeter pro and it is worth every Euro! ...but I just become aware of Hud Dash. I will sure give it a try.

10. Dashmeter pro for the win!!
    :thumbsup:

11. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

Not tried HUD Dash but I can speak very highly of Dashmeter Pro. I don't use it all the time though, just occasionally.

12. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. yea i have both and dashmeter pro is the best by miles i dont even bother using huddash anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hey Andi

Thanks for this. I used this over a year ago in AC and back then it did not support R3E, I guess i should have followed up a little bit with development. I do have a laptop sitting around maybe ill use this one for some extra info on the side, I did like it in when i used it back then.

@rizzi
    Thanks for your input .

And to again put this thread to rest.
    I think i have decided to get Hud dash all Keys for all sims ( its cheap at 21$ ) and get Dashmeter pro specifically for R3E since its the one i play the most.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've just ordered an android tablet to run DMP due to this thread. Looks great, I can't wait. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Peter

Peter
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Somehow the Hud Dash wont work on my Rig. Im sure i did all settup fine as the App works fine on all other games im playing , also games like Assetto Corsa , Project CARS , DiRT Rally , Race 07 and all its serries , only the Race Room wont do anything , do i miss something , do i have to change something in the game to give this a go?

Thanks.