• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Hows winter been at your side of the world?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hiroshi Awazu, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,078
    It has been a mild one for us so far here in Vancouver. It's 12 degrees celcius today. Not that i'm complaining, i saw enough snow yesterday at the top of Coqahaulla highway on or way home from gf's grandparents. I'm quite liking the warmer winter:).

2. William Levesque

William Levesque

Ratings:
    +1,277
    Well, by Christmas it finally started snowing normally... It did rain yesterday but it froze now.

Still January and February to go though, still a lot to come (or not ?)

3. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,695
    Awful... The little snow we had is gone already due to the warm weather, and the winter rally season haven't even started yet :(

4. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,237
    Oh well, the weather here has been just as Roy says (btw, didn't you "go to bed" over a hour ago m8?). Today, 100km from where they are going to drive in Rally Sweden there has been heavy rain, and it's only 5-6cm snow left. But it is ice everywhere. It's so icy that it is hard to drive a car on a flat road.

If I look away from the ice, it's been just as I want it. I hate cold weather and I hate snow!

5. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego
    3X Race Department Rally Champion

Ratings:
    +846
    Absolutely no snow, it never snows here. I've only seen snow once in my life and it was because i was in the north. Winter weather here is like summer with damn cold temperatures.

6. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff

Ratings:
    +3,720
    We have snow here rarely and not yet had it this winter. But it's extremely cold right now..brrrr

7. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,622
    Too hot for the time of the year here. Average of 6-8 degrees Celsius. We expected the Terror Winter of Death but so far it looks more than the Fall :)

Still a few months to go, so I hope for lots of snow :)

8. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,754
    Switching between snow and rain all the time here. The roads have been very icy and I've been driving sideways most of the time. Good times:D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stefano Schivari

Stefano Schivari

Ratings:
    +24
    today the first snow

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium

Ratings:
    +817
    Typical Atlantic weather here... around 10ºC, lots of rain and big waves and sea storms :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Martijn Scheffel

Martijn Scheffel

Ratings:
    +29
    Been driving on my winter tyres since a while, but everytime i wonder why i changed them :D As Bram says, it's about 6-8 degrees celcius over here. Nevertheless, it was almost 12 degrees last weekend, so it's warm for the time of the year.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +16,622
    It will be 12 degrees on new year. Lol almost time to go to the beach for a party :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +16,622
    @stefano: i keep telling myself i am not jealous! Wow

• Like Like x 1
  14. Martijn Scheffel

Martijn Scheffel

Ratings:
    +29
    Just check the wetherchannel and your are right 12 degrees and 90% change of rain...weird winter!

15. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +16,622
    Funny thing is that they predicted the Super Winter of Death but they are all wrong again :)

16. Martijn Scheffel

Martijn Scheffel

Ratings:
    +29
    I just closed the blinds here because of the sun, so a real "Horror winter" over here :D

17. William Levesque

William Levesque

Ratings:
    +1,277
    Where is it ?

:p

At the moment it's more like that (Not my house) but we still have a lot to go, in theory.
    [​IMG]
    What we should have later, maybe more (My street, the pic was taken before we got even more)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,078
    Wow you can hold your own Winter Rally Series around your neighborhood. Just don't hit the snowbanks with your dad's 944 lol!

• Like Like x 1
  19. William Levesque

William Levesque

Ratings:
    +1,277
    Actually it would be his Pontiac Pursuit, his 944 has never seen winter so.... :p

20. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,078
    Oh no front wheel drive! Oh well just drive in reverse then lol!

• Like Like x 1