1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Hows winter been at your side of the world?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hiroshi Awazu, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

It has been a mild one for us so far here in Vancouver. It's 12 degrees celcius today. Not that i'm complaining, i saw enough snow yesterday at the top of Coqahaulla highway on or way home from gf's grandparents. I'm quite liking the warmer winter:).

2. Well, by Christmas it finally started snowing normally... It did rain yesterday but it froze now.

Still January and February to go though, still a lot to come (or not ?)

3. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

Awful... The little snow we had is gone already due to the warm weather, and the winter rally season haven't even started yet :(

4. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Oh well, the weather here has been just as Roy says (btw, didn't you "go to bed" over a hour ago m8?). Today, 100km from where they are going to drive in Rally Sweden there has been heavy rain, and it's only 5-6cm snow left. But it is ice everywhere. It's so icy that it is hard to drive a car on a flat road.

If I look away from the ice, it's been just as I want it. I hate cold weather and I hate snow!

5. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego
    3X Race Department Rally Champion

Absolutely no snow, it never snows here. I've only seen snow once in my life and it was because i was in the north. Winter weather here is like summer with damn cold temperatures.

6. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

We have snow here rarely and not yet had it this winter. But it's extremely cold right now..brrrr

7. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Too hot for the time of the year here. Average of 6-8 degrees Celsius. We expected the Terror Winter of Death but so far it looks more than the Fall :)

Still a few months to go, so I hope for lots of snow :)

8. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Switching between snow and rain all the time here. The roads have been very icy and I've been driving sideways most of the time. Good times:D

• Like Like x 1
  9. today the first snow

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Typical Atlantic weather here... around 10ºC, lots of rain and big waves and sea storms :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Been driving on my winter tyres since a while, but everytime i wonder why i changed them :D As Bram says, it's about 6-8 degrees celcius over here. Nevertheless, it was almost 12 degrees last weekend, so it's warm for the time of the year.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bram

Bram

It will be 12 degrees on new year. Lol almost time to go to the beach for a party :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bram

Bram

@stefano: i keep telling myself i am not jealous! Wow

• Like Like x 1
  14. Just check the wetherchannel and your are right 12 degrees and 90% change of rain...weird winter!

15. Bram

Bram

Funny thing is that they predicted the Super Winter of Death but they are all wrong again :)

16. I just closed the blinds here because of the sun, so a real "Horror winter" over here :D

17. Where is it ?

:p

At the moment it's more like that (Not my house) but we still have a lot to go, in theory.
    [​IMG]
    What we should have later, maybe more (My street, the pic was taken before we got even more)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Wow you can hold your own Winter Rally Series around your neighborhood. Just don't hit the snowbanks with your dad's 944 lol!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Actually it would be his Pontiac Pursuit, his 944 has never seen winter so.... :p

20. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Oh no front wheel drive! Oh well just drive in reverse then lol!

• Like Like x 1