• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

How would something like a Goodwood Festival-type event sound in future?

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Joethe147, May 2, 2015.

1. Joethe147

Joethe147

Ratings:
    +5
    I was thinking how good it would be if career had the Goodwood Festival Of Speed. Then I remembered how Gran Turismo has the license, or had at least.

In future there could maybe be a fictional event created? You could do the hill climb and maybe other stuff. It would be a great inclusion.

2. Kyle Pearson

Kyle Pearson

Ratings:
    +241
    There are two "point-to-point" courses in the sim, so you'll be able to do something like that right out of the box.

3. Joethe147

Joethe147

Ratings:
    +5
    Not what I was thinking. More like a special event where you do short runs in different cars for demonstration runs.

4. Kyle Pearson

Kyle Pearson

Ratings:
    +241
    I'm familiar with Goodwood. :)

They have divided the point-to-point tracks in three sections so you can only use one of the three sections for a Goodwood style run (rather than the whole track). The roads are obviously wider than what's used for Goodwood but that is a capability out of the box.

SMS does browse this forum so I'm sure they'll see you suggestion.

5. Joethe147

Joethe147

Ratings:
    +5
    Ah, sorry, I see. My fault.

In career, my thinking would be that you could get an offer to drive a certain car or few cars at it, it would be a break from all the race weekends and something different. Plus, what car you may get to drive would be a good indicator of how you're doing in your career.

Project Cars has the Social Media stuff along with number of fans I think so I think it could be interesting.