1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

How wide is the standard track?

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Lucifer[93], Mar 9, 2010.

1. Hi,

I'm new in creating tracks in Bobs Track Builder but my first impression of the tool: AWESOME! So much tools, so easy to use.

But my first question already: How wide is the track actually? I've imported a .kml from GE into Track Builder. Path was correct. But when i want to change the width of the track, its always with multiplier!?

So: Where can I see how wide my track is in meters? So that i can work on knowing: A this part has a width of x meters so with multiplier there are y meters^^

And also a problem: The finish plot of the track is a little bit stupid, when i test i jump high in the air driving over start/finish-line

2. I think It's 12 to 14 meters but I couldn't be sure... some tracks have been, and are less.
    In short it depends on the track.

3. 10 meters. You can work it out by brining up the surfaces tool (with the width multiplier set to 1), and noting that the coordinates follow the mouse. The X values range from -5 to 5.

4. It completely depends on your track surface and materials.

You could have width 5.0 but only 2.0 of that would actually be the track while the rest would be grass.

5. Hey, thnaks for your object eric. but does anybody know, if it is really correct scaled? the unstreched object looks like, it would be too small/short???

6. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven
    Premium Member

I have doubts about the correct scaling. I imported the kml file from the Hondsrugring from Google Earth to BTB. When i drive it, i still have the feeling that the scaling is not 100% correct.

7. In the top-right corner of BTB the length of the active track is shown in metres, so you can use that to judge whether or not your scaling is right.

8. I have a suspicion that Google Earth isn't necessarily 100% accurate on size with it's images. I've done kml files of English circuits where I know the exact length and the length was always a fair way out and needed resizing.

9. Erics tool is great, good enough for me. I compared the scale to the ingame skoda fabia wrc06 and find out, that it's nearby perfect (or perfect), or the fabia modell is not very accurate, but I am satisfied. thx
    (had to scale down the road width a lot, and wondered :yin-yang: