How well does DTM Experience perform on your system?

Hi
I'd like to get some reports on how DTM Experience performs on your system.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out how well it'll perform on mine (dual GTX 780s, i7 4770K, triple screens). But I believe the game isn't optimised for SLI yet so I'm wondering what performance I might get if I use just one GPU.

What performance do you get? What settings? What FPS?

To me, I don't think it's as simple as best/worst. In some sims, the AI are more consistent/predicable than others, some AI don't overtake well, some aggressive/passive, and in some there are small/large differences between the fast and slow of the field. To some extend, it comes down to what a particular racer likes for competition, actually some don't like too much competition or erratic behavior as it makes it hard to win - and if winning is the only goal then the AI can be a deal-breaker.

My $.02
AC: too consistent/orderly, don't overtake much, but can allow for a well mannered race.
GSCE: inconsistent - depends on car/track, too easy at times, but when right they are very good and very aware
R3E: inconsistent - some areas of tracks cause pile-ups or slow AI, not very aware at times, bump AI from behind causes spin-outs, but when the right combo is found and are racing at "their" speeds can produce very good racing.
pCARS: inconsistent, erratic behavior, corner cutting, but otherwise I sometimes wonder if I'm online (erratic behavior!). I have had some of the best AI races of my sims, can race door-to-door where bumps taken/given don't end the race.
rFactor2: I don't have a lot of time with AI yet. Of the races I've had they have been very good but finding balance (fast/slow/competitive) can be an issue - winning easily or a back marker.

I don't have a "worst", only preferences. GSCE needs modding/tweaking at times but if you know how it can be better, AC is not very fun for me in general, R3E can be frustrating at times (contact spins) but AI very competitive, and pCARS can be very good but needs fine-tuning - has great potential. No deal-breakers in any of them (closest is R3E w/contact spins but the good is very good).

OK, so last night I finally had some time to check stuff and I can tell you that SLI is no longer an issue. Both GPU's will spike to high loads when stressed with enough "eye-candy" while maintaining high framerates. Mind you I know that especially in 3D SLI scales best so if you are investigating SLI for non 3D usage I'm not sure if you will get all the bang for the buck I am seeing.

OK, so last night I finally had some time to check stuff and I can tell you that SLI is no longer an issue. Both GPU's will spike to high loads when stressed with enough "eye-candy" while maintaining high framerates. Mind you I know that especially in 3D SLI scales best so if you are investigating SLI for non 3D usage I'm not sure if you will get all the bang for the buck I am seeing.
Thanks for the info. I'm not keen on 3D (gave me bad headaches a while ago). What fps are you getting when not using 3D?

For anyone interested in improving their performance in DTME and R3E, the biggest performance offenders is Reflection Type, changing this one to cube map gives a big fps boost from the reduced setting. This one does affect image quality however, if you need more performance, it may be something you just have to live with. The remaining two setting are not as bad but certainly can be tweaked for better performance. Change Shadow Split to no and Motion Blur Type to fast.
Between these settings, its possible to double your frame rate.
Hello

I cannot find anywhere in de menu the ' single cube' option.
Is it under car reflection? track reflection
It only states on/off of low
Where can i find it ?
Is it because my screen resolution it doesn't appear?

running a curved LG 3440x 1440 with Titan X ( and still ultra not possible in all conditions ;(

Hello

I cannot find anywhere in de menu the ' single cube' option.
Is it under car reflection? track reflection
It only states on/off of low
Where can i find it ?
Is it because my screen resolution it doesn't appear?

running a curved LG 3440x 1440 with Titan X ( and still ultra not possible in all conditions ;(

That's an old post. The game has been updated since then and the graphics options have changed.

It runs like crap on my system XD
i5 2550k stock speed, 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz, GTX 560 FOC to 830 Mhz,
For example on Macau with 15 AI at Medium details (1080p) I get 50 fps maximum, 80% of tracks its unplayable - 25 - 30 fps maximum. I have to put details so low that even GTR 2 looks better :D

It runs like crap on my system XD
i5 2550k stock speed, 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz, GTX 560 FOC to 830 Mhz,
For example on Macau with 15 AI at Medium details (1080p) I get 50 fps maximum, 80% of tracks its unplayable - 25 - 30 fps maximum. I have to put details so low that even GTR 2 looks better :D
What do you have "Shadows" set at? I'm not talking Car Shadows or Contact Shadows.

My suggestion would be to start with Custom and put everything on high then turn off "Shadows", or select "High" and turn off "Shadows". From there start tweaking to taste. "Shadows" brings a big performance hit.
You may want to turn off "Motion Blur" next.

Thanks for the advice buddy :)
But honestly, I tried so many tweakings and settings I gave up from the game completely. Of course I have tried "custom" settings, lowered shadows, turning of motion blur, lowered all the eye candy, hell I even turned off antialiasing completely, the only way to play this game is completely low details and everything set to off. Funny thing is, some tracks do play at 50-60 fps at high settings, so its definitely something off with this game. It really is a superb simulator no doubt about it, with the new force feedback updates, its a dream come true.
And yeah, its kind of sad thing to be able to play Assetto Corsa 1080p with high details and always getting 60 fps with 10 to 15 AI no matter what track I drive, and not to be able to play Raceroom even at medium properly. Project Cars runs medium to high settings and it runs pretty good also, but Raceroom is just not working properly on my system, and I just love how the cars handle, superb sounds (no better sound in simulator at this moment for sure)...

Thanks for the advice buddy :)
But honestly, I tried so many tweakings and settings I gave up from the game completely. Of course I have tried "custom" settings, lowered shadows, turning of motion blur, lowered all the eye candy, hell I even turned off antialiasing completely, the only way to play this game is completely low details and everything set to off. Funny thing is, some tracks do play at 50-60 fps at high settings, so its definitely something off with this game. It really is a superb simulator no doubt about it, with the new force feedback updates, its a dream come true.
And yeah, its kind of sad thing to be able to play Assetto Corsa 1080p with high details and always getting 60 fps with 10 to 15 AI no matter what track I drive, and not to be able to play Raceroom even at medium properly. Project Cars runs medium to high settings and it runs pretty good also, but Raceroom is just not working properly on my system, and I just love how the cars handle, superb sounds (no better sound in simulator at this moment for sure)...
Sounds strange that you have good performance with AC but terrible with R3E. I don't find one sim that much better or that much worst once tweaked on my system. I run AC, pCARS, R3E, rFactor 2, GSCE, Dirt Rally and once tweaked they all run about the same FPS wise. rFactor 2 is the most demanding of these especially considering the graphics quality, but all look and run very good, R3E not worst that any other. Each have their Achilles heel (weakness) but shadows is one very common performance drain.
i7 3.4/4.0 GHz, GTX 980 3GB, and 16GB ram.

Yeah, I guess you can understand my frustration because I really enjoyed the time I play Raceroom, and it really runs bad on my system :/ maybe I need a new graph card, dont know honestly what seems to be holding back the performance except that.

Performance isn't really outstanding.

Starting a Practice session on Nürburgring GP in pit = 45 FPS.

i5 3550
R9 290

Get's better in some areas, lower in others.

Getting over 60 FPS all the time except for the start is a must, so would need to tweak it quite a bit.

I have to report that my performance in single player isn't exactly outstanding. I ran a WTCC race at Norisring with 19 opponents and had a pretty inconsistent framerate. I'm running medium graphics settings at the moment at 5760x1080 (60hz)
to clarify, I'm using a Sapphire R9 270X Toxic

rwDbfwr.png

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%