How to start the car? (noob)

Tried to take the Vintage for a spin, with manual clutch, but couldn't start it properly :D

I tried turning the thing on, pressing the clutch, shifting into first, giving some throttle, and releasing the clutch. The car jerks forward, and if I'm lucky, keeps running.
Tried to release the clutch more slowly, tried with little throttle, tried with full throttle. Never managed a nice smooth start.

Could anyone tell me what the correct procedure is?
I have never driven a car in real life, in case it isn't obvious already :D

LOL seriusly never driven before? you actually did the right thing, release the clutch slowly while adding more and more throttle. in real life is a lot easier, in netkar pro, there is an automatic brake pressed (its in the program so the car would not roll down hill) to make it stationary. so in netkaryou have to full throtlle (well a lot more then real life) while realeasing slowly the clutch.

LOL seriusly never driven before?
Yup. Getting a driving license is ridiculously expensive here, and since I don't have access to a car, there was no point.

you actually did the right thing, release the clutch slowly while adding more and more throttle. in real life is a lot easier, in netkar pro, there is an automatic brake pressed (its in the program so the car would not roll down hill) to make it stationary. so in netkaryou have to full throtlle (well a lot more then real life) while realeasing slowly the clutch.

Ah, didn't know about the brake, thanks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back