How to simulate the FFB?

We often argue about the force feedback of the steering wheel, but as the physics, this chapter has its own objective statements.
The overall "feeling" of the FFB is left to personal preferences, and unless you invite a racing driver at home to try your setup you'll never be sure about what's spot on and what's not.
This guys did that for real:

But again, these are some useful hints but none of them is a precise measure of how strong is the FFB, so if someone of you have ever driven some of the cars in AC it would be nice to share their feelings on the FFB to simulate it as its best.
Expecially the overall strenght, I mean the torque you need to apply on the wheel to steer it that changes from car to car. I read a lot of threads about some light cars and some havier ones but I never had a precise idea of it.

Thank you,
Federico

It's crucial to give infos about your steering wheel.
Thrustmaster T300 Alcantara

Use these settings for your T300:

FFB settings with GYRO enabled:
IMPORTANT: go to :\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg and open the Assetto Corsa INI using Notepad.
Go to the [FF_EXPERIMENTAL] section and set ENABLE_ GYRO=1 and set DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.01 and save. Should look like this:
[FF_EXPERIMENTAL]
ENABLE_GYRO=1
DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL=0.01
DAMPER_GAIN=1.0

IMPORTANT: go to :\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg and open the ff_post_process INI using Notepad and make sure that it looks like this:
[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=LUT
ENABLED=0

[GAMMA]
VALUE=0.5

[LUT]
CURVE=doesn't_matter.lut
----------------------------
In the Thrustmaster control panel:
Overall Strength: 90%
Constant: 100%
Periodic: 100%
Spring: 0%
Damper: 100%
Auto-center: By the game
--------------------
In game:
Gain: 80%
Filter: 0%
Min force: 6%
Kerb: 0%
Road: 0%
Slip: 0%
Understeer: UNCHECKED

ff_post_process.ini settings can improve ffb on any wheel but settings do not transfer from one wheel to another, it's compensating for wheel-specific limitations, not to make it suit your tastes. All the 'preference' stuff except gyro is available from the ingame ffb settings.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 374 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%